autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

View Poll Results: Favorite Rinseless Wash

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolute

8 23.53%
  • ONR

13 38.24%
  • DIY

4 11.76%
  • Wolfgang Uber

9 26.47%
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite Rinseless Wash

What's everyone's favorite Rinseless Wash?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Rinseless Wash

Do we really need another "favorite rinseless" thread? What was wrong with your original one? I think keeping this topic condensed to a single thread allows for users to find this information easier.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

You're probably right. I just like polls And i was on a coffee break thinking about washing my car when i get home with a rinseless.

4. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

DIY detail for me. Only ever tried ONR and DIY detail though but since DIY detail is cheaper than ONR it's my new favorite. It definitely feels like it has a bit more cleaning power as well. Haven't tried Absolute though and I probably should but man, I'm starting to get duplicate products and have a lot to go through. Didn't think I'd like the foaming aspect of it but it's nice when doing wheels/using a brush and have a visual.

One personal preference though that is really meaningless but I wish DIY detail had a bit more coloring to it when mixed.

6. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like each one for different reasons - Ech20 for gloss/shine and versatility on plastics etc. Feynlab for its cleaning ability and overall ONR for anything.

8. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolute and ONR. I’m hopefully trying DIY today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been Griot's for me.

Will spend more time with others like Absolute when that runs out. N914 for me leaves dirt behind in the RW solution left on the car. With Griot's, the dirt ends up on my towels and I don't notice it left behind on the car.

12. Likes VISITOR, CleanIT, mikeinauburn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    It's been Griot's for me.

Will spend more time with others like Absolute when that runs out. N914 for me leaves dirt behind in the RW solution left on the car. With Griot's, the dirt ends up on my towels and I don't notice it left behind on the car.
    Ok, it’s not just me - using 914 and the Brilliant Finish at prescribed ratios I thought the Griot’s cleaned easier.

Having spent too much time on the forum, I’ve accumulated more rinseless washes than I have time to properly appreciate and differentiate.

My go to’s at the moment are Ech20 since it’s the most recent acquisition (seems to have good cleaning power, has noticeable pop, no obvious bad habits), with Griot’s Brilliant Finish my just-clean option (works great on race cars at work too). I forget how much I like the Griot’s Rinseless Wash and Wax - so easy to use in any temperature.

I’ve probably said in the past, but for me:
    ONR Wash and Wax was fussy at low temps, but for some reason it’s my favorite thing to use on wood trim inside a car.

Regular ONR (I have no idea what generation, but it says new formula on the bottle! ) worked ok, but for me didn’t have the cleaning power of others. Car acquired road film faster when using it than when I wasn’t. Did not work for me as it seems to for others as a glass cleaner. Use it every weekend for cleaning the hard floors in the house. Also use it for underhood plastics at work, works great for that.

Wolfgang Uber looks great, no complaints during use, but it accumulates dust faster than others.

Ultimate Acrylic Waterless Wash (has a rinseless dilution) seems to work well, but I’ve only used it once on a race car. It ended up coming back to the shop with weird spots on a front fender that I had to polish off, but that coulda been something sprayed on it at the track. Works well for underhood detailing; cleans underhood painted surfaces better than ONR.

I will freely admit that a Rinseless Wash’s experience could be largely dependent on LSP, so I’m not shocked if mileage varies!

14. Likes Eldorado2k, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion i'm not a fan of rinseless wash (don't shoot) i like water and feel if i was to rinseless wash a car it would be like having a shower but only a bucket of water.

I do use ONR for window cleaning.

16. Likes DFB, Big Dave, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    In my opinion i'm not a fan of rinseless wash (don't shoot) i like water and feel if i was to rinseless wash a car it would be like having a shower but only a bucket of water.

I do use ONR for window cleaning.
    I was the same, but I definitely pick my mark with rinse-less though.

A dusty car from sitting in the garage or carpark all week, definitely rinse-less these days. Beyond that, I'm still a fan of soap and lots of water.

18. Likes Big Dave, Tasmania liked this post
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast