autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: UWW+ question

Post Thanks / Like

UWW+ question

I have read the many threads on fresh paint, but I will be getting my car back in a few days from a minor damage to the rear quarter panel. I have tons of UWW+ concentrate and use this regularly, but was wondering if this would be safe over fresh paint as I know the rest of the car will have some light dust and I would like to give it a good waterless wash. I have seen the threads on rinseless over fresh paint, but no mention of UWW+.

Any thoughts or input are welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: UWW+ question

you'll be okay
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ace22 View Post
    I have read the many threads on fresh paint, but I will be getting my car back in a few days from a minor damage to the rear quarter panel. I have tons of UWW+ concentrate and use this regularly, but was wondering if this would be safe over fresh paint as I know the rest of the car will have some light dust and I would like to give it a good waterless wash. I have seen the threads on rinseless over fresh paint, but no mention of UWW+.

Any thoughts or input are welcome.
    UWW has wax in it. I’d suggest checking with the body shop to see how soon you’ll be able to wax or clean the car. I believe the general best practice here is to wait 30 days to clean/wax new paint (as painful as that sounds)

Post Thanks / Like

When my wife's car was painted I just used regular car wash soap for a month to be on the safe side

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by motion732 View Post
    UWW has wax in it. I’d suggest checking with the body shop to see how soon you’ll be able to wax or clean the car. I believe the general best practice here is to wait 30 days to clean/wax new paint (as painful as that sounds)
    It does not contain "wax." It does have polymers which leave a bit of protection behind. UWW+ will usually bead a week after if there is no other protection there.

O.P - check with body shop on when they recommend washing fresh paint. Its usually a week and around 30 days before applying any type of LSP.

I have washed cars that were painted a week ago using UWW+ as rinseless before with no issue.
    Carolina`s Finest Detailing - Charlotte areas preferred CQuartz Finest Reserve & GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra coating center. STEK/Suntek PPF
    www.Carolinasfinestdetailing.me

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies...I got a response direct from Carpro and here is what they said: "it is not recomended to aerosolize in a painter environment as it could potentially cause fisheyes BUT on already painted surfaces it is fine on fresh paint. Just do not want to get it on surfaces you are ABOUT to paint." Thought this would help someone out in the same situation.