autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

View Poll Results: Which would you buy?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Meguiars D115

7 30.43%
  • Ultima UWW+

16 69.57%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Meguiars D115 vs Ultima UWW+ (Internal / External / Clay-lube)

Hi all, I'm new to the forums and trying to figure out which product to purchase.

I was going to buy the D114, but I see it is no longer available.

I currently ordered 2 gallons of D156 X-Press wax.
    I'm also currently using 1 bottle of Meguiars UWWA + USW... great product combo!

I have 3 needs and was wondering which you guys feel would be better (external / clay-lube / internal):

External Use (D115 waterless wash):
    - Read a lot of reviews saying 4:1 or 8:1 has best results as a waterless compared to any product (performance wise)
    - (CONS) Price per Gallon

External Use (D115 clay lube ?)
    - I have no idea if this is even possible with this product because it has carnauba + polymers... though I hear it is VERY slick.
    - If anyone has ever tried this before, could you please tell us how it worked?

Internal Use (D115 ?)
    - Is this even possible? I know the bottle doesn't say anything about internal use.
    - If anyone has ever tried this before, could you please tell us how it worked? ... does it seem too glossy? (I prefer a more matte finish)

External Use (UWW+ waterless wash):
    - Read this is maybe #2 choice in terms of performance and ease of use and least streaking
    - (CONS) Not as glossy/slick as D115

External Use (UWW+ clay lube ?)
    - I've read this is "possible" but I haven't read anything where people actually tried this.
    - If anyone has ever tried this before, could you please tell us how it worked?

Internal Use (UWW+)
    - I've read this is "possible" but I haven't read anything where people actually tried this.
    - If anyone has ever tried this before, could you please tell us how it worked? ... how glossy is it if used inside?

Which product would you guys pick?
    I'm tempted to buy UWW+ because it is so cheap... but I hear D115 blows it out of the water in terms of performance.
    I'm also tempted towards UWW+, because it "seems" to be more versatile... but I wanted to hear from D115 users about their opinions of the product.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars D115 vs Ultima UWW+ (Internal / External / Clay-lube)

I've had d115 and for the price I wasn't impressed but I do use uww a lot, good stuff for waterless and clay lube, slick and easy

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

IMO Meguiars D115 is worth the cost. I use it @6:1 and being someone who's strictly interested in waterless washing definitely does a superior job at it.
    It has the right strength to clean and get the job done.
    It's as slick as you would want it to be.
    It leaves the paint glossy.
    Leaves behind a decent layer of protection that will bead true on its own.
    It smells good.
    Doesn't stain towels.
    Can be diluted up to 20:1
    Works on just about every surface, I've even cleaned the soft fabric top of a Bentley with it and it turned out great.

If you like the fact that it contains its own synthetic wax, then I can't recommend enough. If you don't like that fact, I've found that Meguiars D155 Last Touch is very similar to it, except it doesn't leave wax behind and doesn't work quite as well in direct sun. And the worst part of course is it's alot more expensive to use compared to D115.

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Works on just about every surface, I've even cleaned the soft fabric top of a Bentley with it and it turned out great.

If you like the fact that it contains its own synthetic wax, then I can't recommend enough. If you don't like that fact, I've found that Meguiars D155 Last Touch is very similar to it, except it doesn't leave wax behind and doesn't work quite as well in direct sun. And the worst part of course is it's alot more expensive to use compared to D115.
    Sent from my iPhone
    Eldorado
    thanks some good info
    i currently have USW and D156 and I plan on using them at the end of my wash anyways
    do you think D115 + D156 won't do much to improve protection compared to UWW+ with D156??
    I know both D115 and UWW+ both have carnauba wax, just seems like from reviews that D115 has a better and stronger formula

also when you use it on interior trim does it seem too glossy?
    wasnt sure how D115 worked on leather?

Post Thanks / Like

D115 is the best waterless that I have tried as an all around performer, especially for cleaning power. The other WW I have tried are more like heavy duty detailer, that are great at getting dust and loose debris, but not bonded, baked on gunk. D115 and D114 are the best that I have seen at bonded contaminates.

1:8 is good for a HD detailer, where 1:4 will clean just about anything and will leave a real level of protection behind.

D115 is also fantastic around the house for cleaning hard surfaces. It's also the best glass cleaner I've used.

The smell of D115 is that of blue berries, which is not a bad scent, but it is also quite strong. Using it inside a car might leave this smell behind.

Well worth the price, especially if you catch it on sale.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest45 View Post
    D115 is the best waterless that I have tried as an all around performer, especially for cleaning power. The other WW I have tried are more like heavy duty detailer, that are great at getting dust and loose debris, but not bonded, baked on gunk. D115 and D114 are the best that I have seen at bonded contaminates.
    Tempest45,
    What other WW have you tried... curious to know if you tried UWW?
    I plan on cleaning my car every 2-4 weeks, so I don't think that much gunk would build on it, except during the winter with road salt... might clean every week if the salt is really bad and pre-power wash before cleaning in the garage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dredogol View Post
    Tempest45,
    What other WW have you tried... curious to know if you tried UWW?
    I plan on cleaning my car every 2-4 weeks, so I don't think that much gunk would build on it, except during the winter with road salt... might clean every week if the salt is really bad and pre-powerwash.
    I don't want to run afoul of the rules so I won't list products that were less than ideal to me and my situation.

However, summer time temps run well over 100F for weeks on end here, and these temps will bake debris onto a car. Other people in different areas will experience different problems. Of the products that I've used, D114 and D115 are best at removing this.

I've not used UWW, nor anything close to "everything" out there.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll throw in a Wolfgang Uber recommendation. Can be used as waterless and rinseless wash and clay lube. I've used it on interiors but my interiors never get too dirty. I even use it as a dedicated glass cleaner. Better dilution ratio than D115. I think it's the same dilution ratio as UWW but it's cheaper by the gallon. Really awesome stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars D115 vs Ultima UWW+ (Internal / External / Clay-lube)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredogol View Post
    Eldorado
    thanks some good info
    i currently have USW and D156 and I plan on using them at the end of my wash anyways
    do you think D115 + D156 won't do much to improve protection compared to UWW+ with D156??
    I know both D115 and UWW+ both have carnauba wax, just seems like from reviews that D115 has a better and stronger formula

also when you use it on interior trim does it seem too glossy?
    wasnt sure how D115 worked on leather?
    What's USW? Ultima Spray Wax?
    What's UWW? Ultima Wash & Wax?

I think D115 + D156 is sort of redundant. As far as using them both at the same time to improve protection? Meaning add on to a base layer of "real" paste or liquid sealant? Umm... Well TBO I'm of the belief that there is no such thing as adding an extra layer on top of a layer... I don't believe in toppers, and that is the only reason I've moved away from using D115 and D156 on my own vehicles. I still use both products on other peoples vehicles, but I don't like how those and other similar products wind up turning my finish into them and take away my original layers characteristics and protection.

However, based on other peoples expectations of what "toppers" supposedly do, I guess they sort of work. I'm just not happy with those sort of results because IMO the protection is sort of weak to begin with and short lived.

I don't think I've ever used D115 on interiors. Mainly because I always have D114 on hand and it's not very economical to use D115 on interiors vs. D114. I've never used it on leather, nor have I considered it with so many other options to use.

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

If you're interested in knowing which product between D115 and D156 provides superior protection, I'd say D156 would win that contest.

Sent from my iPhone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast