autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Trying a different product for interior

Currently I'm using meguiars ultimate protectant for the dash and all vinyl surfaces. I want to try areospace 303, do I have to strip the previous product or can I just apply over it? Does 303 on the door seals keep it from freezing during winter? How much UV protection does it offer?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trying a different product for interior

In my experience, 303 Aero works best on a clean surface. I would clean the surface of the existing dressing.

Don't know about the freezing.

Consider Optiseal for interiors instead. This will provide sealant level durability instead of a dressing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BF4Noob73 View Post
    Does 303 on the door seals keep it from freezing during winter? How much UV protection does it offer?
    303 is touted as offering considerable UV protection. With regard to door seals, I live in Western PA and my DD fleet stays outside 24/7. I had always cleaned my weatherstrips with APC, then used multiple apps of spray silicone, applied with a cotton rag. Last winter, I decided to try 303 AP. IMO, it was no better than silicone, just cleaner. This winter, I'm trying Gummi Phledge, based on the recommendations from folks here. We'll know more come spring.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Sonax Dashboard Cleaner is well respected. I am personally getting that next. 303 is a good product, just wish they had a matte finish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BF4Noob73 View Post
    Currently I'm using meguiars ultimate protectant for the dash and all vinyl surfaces. I want to try areospace 303, do I have to strip the previous product or can I just apply over it?
    Personally, I wouldn't go to great lengths on preparation, since IMO, they're two similar products. Maybe give it a wipe with a mild APC solution, then go ahead and apply. Lately, I'm thinking of trying Tempest's idea with Optiseal for the winter on all but the leather and cloth of my DD. I normally use 303, Meg's UP or Meg's Natural Shine on the plastic and vinyl, Leather Masters on the leather, maintaining it all with OptiClean. I'll be going for 4-5 months with minimal maintenance on the interior, which should be an easy task for OptiSeal.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I have mother's VLR, but the material on my car's dashboard is like a soft touch vinyl, is it okay clean it with? I had chemicals guys invisible nonsense cleaner, but it was misplaced. Thank you for all the replies.

Post Thanks / Like

My hunch is this-- you'll end up "washing off" some of the UP with the 303. If some remains, your 303 may have a more glossy and perhaps slightly tacky finish. Will it hurt anything? No.

That said, I'd spray some apc on a towel, wipe things down, and then apply the 303. And you should be good to go. 303 is nice on door seals. Gummi Pfledge i like better. Seems to be a little more durable.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have some Meguiar's quik interior detailer that will work to remove ultimate protectant. You can apply 303 over that surface without any issues after it's cleaned.

Post Thanks / Like

I only recommend Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant, because I have tried a lot others, and it produces what I most want out of an interior protectant.

1. It can be used on Vinyl, and Leather Interior
    2. It is VERY Durable! I've had mine on my Interior for 8 months now, and it is still going strong. Any food or drink spills just clean right up.
    3. It does NOT leave a cheap, shiny, or greasy look or feel behind. It simply leaves an Enhanced look of your vinyl and leather.
    4. If you know how WETS looks and feels for Exterior Trim. Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant does the same for your Interior Vinyl and Leather.

Post Thanks / Like

I only recommend Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant, because I have tried a lot others, and it produces what I most want out of an interior protectant.

1. It can be used on Vinyl, and Leather Interior
    2. It is VERY Durable! I've had mine on my Interior for 8 months now, and it is still going strong. Any food or drink spills just clean right up.
    3. It does NOT leave a cheap, shiny, or greasy look or feel behind. It simply leaves an Enhanced look of your vinyl and leather.
    4. If you know how WETS looks and feels for Exterior Trim. Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant does the same for your Interior Vinyl and Leather.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast