autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Pvd wheels sealant

I have an f150 with pvd wheels, they basically a clear coated wheel. So my question is what can use to protect them. Pvd venders recommend others synthetic wax. For what a gather i should treat them like a vehicle paint but I am curious what else can be used or what other sealants, waxes has people used? I currently have blackfire wet diamond sealant that i love on my cars.has anyone used blackfire wet diamond on pvd wheels?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pvd wheels sealant

Quote Originally Posted by 2quiker View Post
    I have an f150 with pvd wheels, they basically a clear coated wheel. So my question is what can use to protect them. Pvd venders recommend others synthetic wax. For what a gather i should treat them like a vehicle paint but I am curious what else can be used or what other sealants, waxes has people used? I currently have blackfire wet diamond sealant that i love on my cars.has anyone used blackfire wet diamond on pvd wheels?
    Blackfire paint sealant is great for paint, but you will be better off using Blackfire Metal Sealant for your wheels (heat).

Post Thanks / Like

I have an f150 with pvd wheels

So my question is
    what can use to protect them?
    Mothers All-Chrome Quick Polish Detailer and Protectant.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Been using Optimum Spray Wax as a final drying/cleaning app on my PVD wheels. I think if you apply any type of wax and do it often it shouldn't really matter. I like anytype of spray wax that is cheap. I've been washing my wheels about 1/month and so far so good.

Post Thanks / Like

I use DP (now McKees 37) wheel coating on my PVD coated wheels and it works great!

So much easier to clean and maintain. No bonding problems and no harm done to the wheels.

Skip the sealants and go right to a coating. You will be happier in the long run.
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Have u tried the blackfire metal sealant on pvd wheels?

Post Thanks / Like

Hydro has become my favorite for wheels, for ease of us and durability. Every couple months, just spray on and hose away. Doesn't get any easier than that.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2016 f150 with the PVD wheels as well. I have been washing them with Eagle one wheel cleaner before the truck itself. After washing the truck I dry them off then go around a second time with Meg's ultimate Ayurveda wax and that seems to help with cleaning them in the future and protecting them. Easy to spread and doesn't streak.

I just wish I could find something that I feel is safe like Eagle one for PVD but with a little more cleaning power.

Post Thanks / Like

Have u tried the blackfire metal sealant on pvd wheels?
    No, but PVD is chrome so BMS will not harm the wheels. PVD is very durable, so don't be paranoid on which sealants/coatings you will be using. If it is safe for paint, it will be safe on your powder coated wheels. If you can put BMS on polished aluminum it should be safe for all wheels except maybe matte black wheels and only because of the sheen it might give.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chadcj7 View Post
    I have a 2016 f150 with the PVD wheels as well. I have been washing them with Eagle one wheel cleaner before the truck itself. After washing the truck I dry them off then go around a second time with Meg's ultimate Ayurveda wax and that seems to help with cleaning them in the future and protecting them. Easy to spread and doesn't streak.

I just wish I could find something that I feel is safe like Eagle one for PVD but with a little more cleaning power.
    I also use eagle one wheel and tire cleaner and eagle one pvd & aluminum wheel cleaner, works pretty good. After a good wash and dry i hit with some invisible glass.

Meg's ultimate Ayurveda wax?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast