autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

GTechniq C2v3 Liquid Crystal question.

After reading some threads about some topping there coatings, so I started looking around. I have Wolfgang Uber Ceramic, put on in July, looks outstanding on it own. But bored and want to try new things. Since Wolfgang doesn't have anything kind of follow up for there product, I settled on GTechniq C2v3 Liquid Crystal. I knew going in I wasn't going to see much so a difference in appearance, just something to help with the up coming winter, plus I was bored.

So yesterday after washing and drying, pulled it in the garage. I was a nice sunny day around 60 outside. Decided to test it out on the trunk deck lid. I sprayed it on and started to work the product with a MF towel, buffed flipped buff. And there was what I would call a high spot haze across 70% of the deck lid. I buffed and buffed, got it down to a few areas, at one point I thought I would have to get the DA out and polish it. In a final ditch effort I sprayed it with Megs D155, plus to add some lubricity. After that it was gone.

Sorry no pics, I thought about it afterwards, but don't think about it at the time.

I stopped after that. But have to say IMO it made the paint a tad richer if that makes sense. And is slicker then all get out.

A couple questions.
    1. Did I use too much? I treated it like a spray wax/sealant. For those of you who have used this product, how many sprays would you put down for a 2X2ft. area?
    2. Was it a negative reaction from the Wolfgang?
    3. I feel my weather condition was okay?

I am pretty sure it was user error, or that it and Wolfgang just cant get along.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GTechniq C2v3 Liquid Crystal question.

On panels the size of say an average sedan door, I usually use one or two sprays of product before wiping. Bigger panels like hoods and roofs usually get three to four sprays. Of course you may need to use a little more for something like an SUV roof but my point is I find it best not to use a lot of product all at once. If you're worried about proper coverage, you can just go at it a second time with another coat. On a side note, I've had bad luck using C2V3 in high humidity environments (can get streaky). I prefer to use it inside my garage when it's cool. I haven't used C2V3 on the Wolfgang Uber coating but I have used it on the McKee's 37 paint coating as well as CQuartz. Good results all around. Of course it plays well with GTechniq's C1 and CSL coatings too. Love how slick this stuff leaves paint and glass. Good for wheels too.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Haris. Yep I used too much. And yes it does flash quick. Will give it another shot!

Post Thanks / Like

For all of these types of spray sealants you will want to use very little product. This is a lot like Reload where you only want one or two sprays and you spread the product with one towel, and have a clean second towel to lightly wipe the service with then. If you do this you should have no problem with the product.