autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Optimum Gloss Coat

Anyone use this. I am thinking of testing this out on my wife's car and leaving my personal car with no coat to see the difference with iron deposits and contaminants over the Wisconsin winter. My Lexus will have Wolfgang Paint Sealant topped with Collinite 845. Her VW will have the Opti Coat. I would like to see for myself the difference, if any between the 2.

I will do a maintenance wash every other week on both and start a thread with the results and updates on here.

Just looking for some input on the Opti Coat. Looks easy to apply and pretty straight forward. Price is right as well.

Thanks

http://www.autogeekmobile.net/optimum-opti-coat.html

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimum Gloss Coat

I have CQUK on one car, and Gloss coat on another..and then another car CQUk topped with Gloss Coat.

The CQUK beads very nicely.

The Gloss coat beads okay.

The duo is incredible and car stays clean for a while (white car too)

The CQUK does last longer though than Gloss Coat. Both very easy to use.
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Post Thanks / Like

It's a great product. The application is easy. If your in temps over 90 degrees you'll want to adjust the flash time a little bit. Oh and if your also an Opti-lens user make sure and double check the syringe before starting, it really sucks getting the car about 1/3 of the way done and realize you've been putting Opti-lens on the paint!!
    I think the main difference you'll find is that in the spring the Gloss Coat will still be going strong and the Lexus will be about ready for another coat.
    IMO a couple months into the VW will be holding it's gloss better and will be easier to clean. The Wolfgang sealant topped with 845 is a very durable combination, my money is on Gloss Coat though. I'll be following the thread to see how things go.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisCoupe View Post
    I have CQUK on one car, and Gloss coat on another..and then another car CQUk topped with Gloss Coat.

The CQUK beads very nicely.

The Gloss coat beads okay.

The duo is incredible and car stays clean for a while (white car too)

The CQUK does last longer though than Gloss Coat. Both very easy to use.
    Both cars are white. It will be interesting to see the difference. Iron deposits of course show like a **** **** on white.

Last edited by ScottB; 09-29-2016 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Inappropriate language

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    It's a great product. The application is easy. If your in temps over 90 degrees you'll want to adjust the flash time a little bit. Oh and if your also an Opti-lens user make sure and double check the syringe before starting, it really sucks getting the car about 1/3 of the way done and realize you've been putting Opti-lens on the paint!!
    I think the main difference you'll find is that in the spring the Gloss Coat will still be going strong and the Lexus will be about ready for another coat.
    IMO a couple months into the VW will be holding it's gloss better and will be easier to clean. The Wolfgang sealant topped with 845 is a very durable combination, my money is on Gloss Coat though. I'll be following the thread to see how things go.
    I'll make sure I keep it updated bud. I'll be using a RW all winter in my heated shop. Should be a good comparison.

Thanks for the info!

Post Thanks / Like

Haha..

Well then, after Gloss coat you will not be able to look at your car in the bright sun.
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Post Thanks / Like

Get yourself some opti-seal as well. It helps protect gloss coat during the 7 day curing window from marring and chemical etching. Gloss Coat will shed opti-seal in about 2 weeks. Opti-Seal works great as a drying aid as well as a good maintenance product for gloss coat.

I would also recommend applying a double coat of gloss coat with 1 hour in between coats. Then follow up with opti-seal 1 hour after the last coat.

Check out this video on application

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Get yourself some opti-seal as well. It helps protect gloss coat during the 7 day curing window from marring and chemical etching. Gloss Coat will shed opti-seal in about 2 weeks. Opti-Seal works great as a drying aid as well as a good maintenance product for gloss coat.

I would also recommend applying a double coat of gloss coat with 1 hour in between coats. Then follow up with opti-seal 1 hour after the last coat.

Just watched it lastnight.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently applied Gloss Coat to a white Ford Escape and black Honda Odyssey. I found it very easy to apply and also followed with Opti Seal like The Guz recommended. The only other coating I've used is PBL Diamond Paint Coating and I'd recommend Gloss Coat over PBL (for ease of application). Our upcoming ND winter will be a good test for durability.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

What should we get to protect the Opti-Seal?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast