autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Currently have a GG6 --> move onto Flex 3401 or Rupes?

I'd stay stick with the GG6 if its getting you results. You are not pressed for time, nor are you chasing heavy defects (right?). In that case, stick with GG6.

If you ever feel you want to work on more cars, harder paint, heavy defects, you can decide to get the jack of all trades....the beast....the flex (nice intro eh).

For now use the money on trying new products and perfecting your technique with the GG6 and maybe down the line get a flex.

If however, you have the cash thats burning a hole in your pocket, get the flex and enjoy its capabilities. If you ever need it, you have it ready.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wknd Dtlr View Post
    CC268 - I know exactly where you're at right now. I've been fighting the urge to buy a G21 all year long. I have a GG6 and an original version of PC and have all size of backing plates and pads. I am simply an enthusiast so I don't do much detailing any more. However, when I do the occasional correction on my wife's DD or a friend's car I always wonder how much quicker and smoother it would be with a G21. However, by the time you buy all the pads you need you're probably looking at dropping $500 or more.

Like many hobbies, it never pencils out financially but sometimes when you reach a proficiency level in detailing you WANT ( not need ) to have nice tools. This detailing OCD can really take a grip on you so I suspect you'll be debating this in your mind for quite a while. The 3401 is a fine tool so this will be a tough one.

Too bad we don't live closer so we could buy one of each tool and share them! Good luck on your decision making process!
    This is true also.

Last night one of my adult drumming students called me. He was telling me that one of the drummers around town that he previously called to help him, berated him for "having equiptment beyond his skill level". What this guy didn't understand was that the enthusiast drummer had the means, and the desire to buy tools that inspired him. He has professional grade equiptment, and he's starting to really sound good on them.

The point is that he could have purchased a beginner or intermediate drum set right off the bat, but he would always wonder how much better the nice stuff sounded.

If you never get your hands on the Flex 3401, how will you know?

Who knows? It could mean that you actively pursue more cars to work on, because each car might take less time and effort. Those cars you do could offset the cost of the new tool, and there you are with a tool that is more aligned with your style of polishing.

But...

That's if you end up liking the tool!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    This is true also.

Last night one of my adult drumming students called me. He was telling me that one of the drummers around town that he previously called to help him, berated him for "having equiptment beyond his skill level". What this guy didn't understand was that the enthusiast drummer had the means, and the desire to buy tools that inspired him. He has professional grade equiptment, and he's starting to really sound good on them.

The point is that he could have purchased a beginner or intermediate drum set right off the bat, but he would always wonder how much better the nice stuff sounded.

If you never get your hands on the Flex 3401, how will you know?

Who knows? It could mean that you actively pursue more cars to work on, because each car might take less time and effort. Those cars you do could offset the cost of the new tool, and there you are with a tool that is more aligned with your style of polishing.

But...

That's if you end up liking the tool!
    Very nicely put bud!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12