autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Multi Vehicle Winter Prep

I`m going focus on the detailing aspect of winter prep. I have 3 vehicles to prepare, a Silver Audi A5, a Silver Jeep Wrangler and a Red Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. The Audi and JWU have a nano-ceramic coating and the JW was just sealed with Powerlock.

Some will get the same treatments and others I’ll be trying to see how they perform. I’ve been stocking up during all the sales, now I just need to find the time to finish the work.

All vehicles have a Snow Broom which is a must to protect the paint when clearing snow. Rubber trim is protected with Gummi Pflege . Wiper fluid is 1Z Einszett Anti-frost Washer Fluid, this stuff is awesome, not only does it not freeze, it’s the best product I’ve found for clearing your windshield of the hated salt spray. Finally we’ll be trying a new coating on the windows, Pinnacle Crystal Clear Glass Kit.

Floor mats area must to protect the carpet from snow and salt. I use the 3D Airies Liners as I think they work and look a lot better than Weather Tech. The boys insist on using their Jeep rubber mats. I fear I’ll be cleaning a lot of salt from their carpets in the Spring. The Jeeps also have all their plastic trim protected with Dlux.

Wheel and Tire Protection. The Audi will use Optibond and Sonax Rim Shield. The Jeeps will use McKee`s 37 Wheel Coating and Gyeon Tire.

Coating Booster. The Audi and JWU will use Viking Spritz (available on your sister site) and I’m thinking of using Hydrofoam on the JW.

During the winter we’ll power wash the vehicles as often as possible. I’m lucky that we have a water connection in the garage that never goes below 50. I’m hoping my husband finishes running a hot water connection also so I don’t have to deal with ice cold well water. Unfortunately, I don’t have a floor drain so I have to work outside. As long as it’s above freezing, we’ll wash outside (I have some long insulated gloves). We plan on using the power washer and foam gun to get the salt off the cars as quickly as road conditions permit. If it’s below freezing, we’ll do a rinseless wash in the garage after power washing the salt.

Now all I need to do is find the time to finish the prep. I`m hoping for another mild winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Multi Vehicle Winter Prep

So I got the exterior prep completed on 2 of the 3 vehicles. I started with a foam wash using Wolfgang Autobathe.

Here's the results so far.

Multi Vehicle Winter Prep-img_0062-jpg
    Multi Vehicle Winter Prep-img_0063-jpgMulti Vehicle Winter Prep-img_0066-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Multi Vehicle Winter Prep

I say hydro 2 or Gyeon wetcoat and no slaving involved.Gyeon fabric coating on the floorboard carpet.