autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar's D114 Rinsefree Express Wash Is Discontinued

Thanks again 3M!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    Thanks again 3M!
    Really? Those other discontinued products I mentioned earlier were way before 3M bought them.

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of changes coming I heard?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    Lots of changes coming I heard?
    Oh, I'm not in the loop.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Come again? Let's compare to ONR, which is kind of the baseline rinseless wash. Price per gallon is the same. Dilution...ONR 1 oz/2 gallons....D114 (from memory) dirty cars 2 oz/2 gallons, or for not so dirty cars, 1 oz/2 gallons.

So same price, same dilution as ONR...how does that beat "every other product hands down"?
    If you compare unofficial dilution ratios for waterless wash, D114 is 1:128 while ONR is 1:16

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
    If you compare unofficial dilution ratios for waterless wash, D114 is 1:128 while ONR is 1:16
    Who is talking about waterless wash?

Post Thanks / Like

D114 is a different animal than the other [good] stuff.

From my experience:

Releases dirt like no other. Bright color towels always come out looking clean after a rinseless. I'm never worried about staining with D114. Uses it for a presoak wash even.

Longest dust-free on paint & glass. I've actually noticed this benefit first after using it to clean glass due to laziness - didn't want to run back upstairs to mix more Uber. 3-5 days for Uber, yet 7-10 days on average for D114 before it's time for a rinseless. No bs.

Amazing at cleaning wheels. Brake dust melts away on contact @ 1:32, plus a bonus effect of rust stopper - leaves rotors with a nice gold hue rather than the typical unsightly rusted look.

Great for interior wipedown & rubber mat cleaning; spray, agitate, wipe clean. Done.

Also use it around the house due to its cleaning power and pleasant scent. I've just opened my 4th gallon last Fri...did not realized how fast I go through this stuff. Really fond of D114.

I hope this is just to make way for an improved version which will be revealed at SEMA, so any question regarding its demise is met with "not at this time" to keep things hush hush. If not, that's a damn shame. Just doesn't make sense to drop such a versatile product unless it's purely out of greed - as it cuts into profits of other chems on the lineup. I hope that's not the case.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalNoodle View Post

From my experience:

Releases dirt like no other. Bright color towels always come out looking clean after a rinseless. I'm never worried about staining with D114. Uses it for a presoak wash even.

Longest dust-free on paint & glass. I've actually noticed this benefit first after using it to clean glass due to laziness - didn't want to run back upstairs to mix more Uber. 3-5 days for Uber, yet 7-10 days on average for D114 before it's time for a rinseless. No bs.

Amazing at cleaning wheels. Brake dust melts away on contact @ 1:32, plus a bonus effect of rust stopper - leaves rotors with a nice gold hue rather than the typical unsightly rusted look.

Great for interior wipedown & rubber mat cleaning; spray, agitate, wipe clean. Done.

Also use it around the house due to its cleaning power and pleasant scent. I've just opened my 4th gallon last Fri...did not realized how fast I go through this stuff. Really fond of D114.

I hope this is just to make way for an improved version which will be revealed at SEMA, so any question regarding its demise is met with "not at this time" to keep things hush hush. If not, that's a damn shame. Just doesn't make sense to drop such a versatile product unless it's purely out of greed - as it cuts into profits of other chems on the lineup. I hope that's not the case.
    Well...that's all interesting. However the only RW that dirties the media are the ONR products, IME. I doubt this is some secret new product deal, as I keep saying, Meguiar's has regularly canned products that have been the shizz to us 'Geeks/Autopians, while not having enough sales for them to justify keeping the product in the lineup. When the TW RW got discontinued, Forrest from Mothers gave a pretty succinct description of the volume a product needs to sell to stay in production.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalNoodle View Post

From my experience:

A lot of good points! After seeing how D114 work on tar/light asphalt on the paint I too started to use it as a light cleaner on wheels, it really works well and very cost effective. Hopefully like you said we'll see something at SEMA, if not I'll go back to ONR

Post Thanks / Like

Well this stinks. I use it to clean everything

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast