autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: From what I've read - Meg's APC on leather = bad?

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    By the way this is currently on sale. It will last you awhile and I linked you the replacement cleaner if you ever need more in your other thread. You can also find both locally. Will save you a bit of cash.

Meguiars Gold Class Leather Sealer Treatment
    The replacement cleaner might as well be D101. Looks, acts, and cleans alot like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    You say you're a fan of spray on cleaners? It's not really recommended to spray D101 or D181 directly onto the surface. It can be done, and I've sprayed D101 onto leather and vinyl prior to scrubbing with a nylon brush, but according to the label it's recommended to spray onto a towel or applicator and then rub the surface clean.

If you already have D101... It can work just fine @10:1 and be followed up with Megs OTC Gold Class Leather Cleaner & Conditioner for nearly the same exact results. I guess It all depends on whether you feel like treating yourself to new stuff or you're in a budget kinda mood.
    You know...it is one of those things where I just like the liberty of having a gallon of something so I can be a little more liberal with the product...on the other hand I know how easy it is to get out of hand with buying product like crazy...I have bought a ridiculous amount of stuff for detailing...and I just do my own vehicles! So I am trying to be conscious of that if that makes sense.

I have some really nice microfiber applicators for MF Tech so I can always use that to apply instead of spraying directly onto the surface.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess what I am trying to say is that I honestly don't mind paying $20-$30 for a gallon of product...but when I start to pay $20-$30 for 16oz of product I really question whether it is worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CC268 View Post

I have some really nice microfiber applicators for MF Tech so I can always use that to apply instead of spraying directly onto the surface.
    I apply both D101 and D181 with quality terry hand towels. I apply D180 with terry applicators for cleaning, and large microfiber applicators from HF when I'm mainly using it for conditioning.

Post Thanks / Like

Haha I love that guy from Auto Fetish on YouTube...I totally agree with him that people make this way too complicated...keep it simple! Hell he just uses D101 for leather cleaning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    The replacement cleaner might as well be D101. Looks, acts, and cleans alot like it.
    Closer to D181 in my opinion. Sure smells like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Closer to D181 in my opinion. Sure smells like it.
    That would make sense.

Post Thanks / Like

If its your own vehicle , I use onr or D114 on my leather. Its never been dirty enough to use an apc.

Post Thanks / Like

Darren seems to not understand the PH scale. He also seems to not understand that diluted Meg's APC is still very alkaline. Will alkaline products dry out your surfaces to early? Well, maybe not on your kitchen counters, but when it comes to car interiors, then certainly so if you use it regularly enough.
    I've noticed a lightening of my vehicles black interior surfaces and I was only using diluted APC. Since then, I will only use diluted APC for special occasions. Just my experience.
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post
    Darren seems to not understand the PH scale. He also seems to not understand that diluted Meg's APC is still very alkaline. Will alkaline products dry out your surfaces to early? Well, maybe not on your kitchen counters, but when it comes to car interiors, then certainly so if you use it regularly enough.
    I've noticed a lightening of my vehicles black interior surfaces and I was only using diluted APC. Since then, I will only use diluted APC for special occasions. Just my experience.
    Darren states that he doesn't care about the PH scale. The reason why is because he's been doing what he does for 20+ yrs, and if the PH scale mattered he would've known by now. He says the PH scale is for sissies. Lol.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast