autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Who likes a waffle weave drying towel over an ultra plush drying towel? Me! Drying towel review.

Just an unbiased review of the two types of drying towels i have, my 5+ year old Pakshak Ultra Soft Waffle Weave 16" x 27" towels and my like new Microfiber Madness Dry Me Crazy 16" x 16" towels. I tried to like the MM DMC. It's a pleasure to handle because it's just so damn soft and plush. But i just couldn't get around to liking it as much as my standard go-to PS USWW. The PS USWW is a much better value at about 50% the cost of the MM DMC. The MM DMC just picks up too much lint. Yes, i always wash my dryer filter before drying my MF's, and i keep all my towels in gallon sized zip lock bags. I also find the PS WW is just much more versatile, for glass cleaning and wax removal for instance.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who likes a waffle weave drying towel over an ultra plush drying towel? Me! Drying towel review.

My favorite drying towel is a 16x16 pfm towel from griots.

You can do a whole car without ringing it out it really is amazing try it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who likes a waffle weave drying towel over an ultra plush drying towel? Me! Drying towel review.

I forgot to add... i do like the MM DMC's small size and absorbtion capacity. It's small size makes it real easy to handle so i dont accidentallly graze the ground and pick up gravel.

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer the WW drying towels too. You just need to wipe slower and allow the water to wick into the towel and you end up with a cleaner swipe than the fluffy towels. I need to try the GG PFM drying towels. I have a dozen of the smaller 16x16 towels and I do like them, but never tried those smaller ones to dry the car. I've been waiting on AA or AZ to start carrying the bigger drying towels but it hasn't happened yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    I've been waiting on AA or AZ to start carrying the bigger drying towels but it hasn't happened yet.
    Ohhh...so I can go to one of those stores to see what a PFM towel is like?

I prefer WW towels for drying, although in fairness I don't have any MFM towels.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to like them, and I bought a lot of the green cobra guzzlers. They were fine on my Gti but on my new honda its MARR FEST. The cobra waffles leave a ton of marring and towels scratches even when used with a drying aid.

Don't get me wrong, its recommended to use the blot techniques with waffles anyways to avoid the above issue. But I don't have the time to blot dry and it drives me mad on vertical panels. I live in a desert climate so my car is dry and covered in spots in no time or dust has blown and settles in the drops left over.

I personally prefer a plush towel and use the Cobra purple plush 600 gsm and it leaves the paint spot less, streak free, lint free and most importantly MARR FREE!

I will never go back to waffles after this and my waffles always had to be wrung out as they would get loaded with water in no time, they would never pick up all the water, maybe 50%, I would always need a second towel to go over it and then finally a plush with my spray wax.

Now I skip all the above, use my spray wax on water left over, go over it my plush towel and then another plush as final wipe. Voila. Oh and yes I said "wipe" not blot.

All my guzzlers are used for jambs now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post
    My favorite drying towel is a 16x16 pfm towel from griots.

You can do a whole car without ringing it out it really is amazing try it.
    ^^ ditto. I have several different types of drying towels but the three of these are my go-to favorites. I do mostly rinseless washes though and drying with Wolfgang Uber is a dream. Even when I do a bucket wash, I use it as a drying aid and find it very good for creating slickness.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Water Sprite for me but not used in the jambs.The more it's worn out the better it performs.

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer waffle weave.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

It's not so much the plushness
    that I go by nowadays...

It's just that I prefer using the
    edgeless style of MF-towels
    "on paint".

And:
    Although I do not consider it to
    be an obscure or unimportant
    area of a vehicle:
    the Waffle-Weaves have mostly
    been relegated for auto-glass.

BTW:
    If they're S.Korean: so much
    the better for my purposes.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast