autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who likes a waffle weave drying towel over an ultra plush drying towel? Me! Drying towel review.

I just use a blower for after washes. I do use plush towels for drying after claying (I don't dry after washing if I'm going to clay). I did use a WW a few days ago to dry just because I was in a hurry, I forgot that is does such a good job. I have a self healing coating on the car so any marring is self corrected in the sun quickly.

I continue to use WW for glass. Jambs are hit with spray wax while wet and then wiped dry with a utility towel.

I do need to try some PFMs for drying though.
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who likes a waffle weave drying towel over an ultra plush drying towel? Me! Drying towel review.

Quote Originally Posted by Audios S6 View Post
    I have a self healing coating on the car so any marring is self corrected in the sun quickly.
    clear bra or coating? details would be appreciated.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Waffle weaves for me. The green ones sold here are good but not the best. The blue ones from Surf city are thin and crappy. The best ones IMO are not sold on this site but come from a company who's products are.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the MT waffle weave. The 16x24 there is almost half the price of the PS one. I cant imagine the PakShack is twice as good.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Waffle weave on glass, only way to go.
    Fred R. Elias Jr.
    Warren, MI. 48091
    1-586-755-1245

Post Thanks / Like

Who likes a waffle weave drying towel over an ultra plush drying towel? Me! ...

I bought this 25x36 Chemical Guys "Super Fatty" plush drying towel to see how a plush drying towel compares to waffle weaves and overall I give this style of towel the thumbs down.

Who likes a waffle weave drying towel over an ultra plush drying towel?  Me!  Drying towel review.-imageuploadedbyagonline1472847560-798430-jpg

On a waxed vehicle it works somewhat ok, but the real issues present themselves when attempting to dry an unwaxed vehicle.. All this towel wants to do is grab and stick to the paint. Nearly impossible to glide this sort of towel across and dry the car quikly. PITA towel. I'll never buy a plush drying towel again. I was expecting something different, but all it is is just a large microfiber towel... Why the heck would I want to dry a car with a regular microfiber towel?? Smh.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    clear bra or coating? details would be appreciated.
    Coating. It's a non-AG offering
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who likes a waffle weave drying towel over an ultra plush drying towel? Me! ...

I use the Meg's Water Magnet Waffle Weave Towels and prefer it over the plush towels I have.

I use it with ONR&S and 2 towels easily does whole car.

I fold into 8 sections per towel and dry a panel at a time using 2 sections of the towel per panel.

Car is devided into 5 sections so sometimes only 1 towel is enough.

Best part is the towels come clean easily by hand because of the ONR&S (cleans the towels same as it cleans the paint).

I have had the same set of 4 for 4 years and still look and work like new.

I can get them locally for $16.99 so super easy to get (in Canada).
    Crispy 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix DD, always clean (except today) Hobby Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who likes a waffle weave drying towel over an ultra plush drying towel? Me! ...

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    I have had the same set of 4 for 4 years and still look and work like new.
    That's impressive. Mine don't last that long. I don't like them as they tend to get a bit hard and crispy as they age. Even with washing them with 3D Towel Kleen. Decent towel but not my first choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    That's impressive. Mine don't last that long. I don't like them as they tend to get a bit hard and crispy as they age. Even with washing them with 3D Towel Kleen. Decent towel but not my first choice.
    Just because they may get a little hard with age, doesn't mean they'll scratch. I have 1 that's almost 2 yrs. old and 1 that I just bought recently and I wouldn't hesitate to use the older 1 on paint. [even though it's been demoted to grills/bumpers/lower portions]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast