autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Industrial Long Term Protection

Hey guys, im looking for some advice. I am looking for a simple process to protect my big rigs that service the oil and gas industry. Im familiar with the process of wash, claybar, polish, wax. But its been some years since i have been in the market for detailing supplies. Some brief reading tells me that polymer sealants are the new rage looks like most of us are doing something more along the lines of this now. Wash, claybar, polish, sealant, wax.

Well i get the updated basics. But on the big rig, I am looking for a simpler process. 2 or 3 step perhaps. Something like Wash, Cleaner/polish, polymer sealant. My trucks get washed every night before they get parked, they also get parked inside at night. But these are trucks that drive down crappy oil and gas roads every day, so I am looking for all the durability i can get out of a paint protection program. And something that I can KISS for the guys.

So I have the wash covered already by an industrial chemical supplier, wax friendly stuff, confirmed after extensive testing with my own vehicles.

With all that said i tend to be brand loyal, I use almost exclusively megs stuff on my personal vehicles so naturally i started looking at the megs options that I can get in gallon jugs. So heres what I am looking at.

Cleaner/Polish:
    Megs #66
    Megs D151

Sealant:
    Megs #20
    Megs #21

I am leaning towards Megs#21 as it seems like an updated formula of #20. And omited Megs #6 as its got caranuba in it.

What is everyone elses thoughts? Thanks for your time guys
    -Colin M.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Industrial Long Term Protection

Maybe Collinite 476 instead of the sealant....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sadden View Post
    Hey guys, im looking for some advice. I am looking for a simple process to protect my big rigs that service the oil and gas industry. Im familiar with the process of wash, claybar, polish, wax. But its been some years since i have been in the market for detailing supplies. Some brief reading tells me that polymer sealants are the new rage looks like most of us are doing something more along the lines of this now. Wash, claybar, polish, sealant, wax.

Well i get the updated basics. But on the big rig, I am looking for a simpler process. 2 or 3 step perhaps. Something like Wash, Cleaner/polish, polymer sealant. My trucks get washed every night before they get parked, they also get parked inside at night. But these are trucks that drive down crappy oil and gas roads every day, so I am looking for all the durability i can get out of a paint protection program. And something that I can KISS for the guys.

So I have the wash covered already by an industrial chemical supplier, wax friendly stuff, confirmed after extensive testing with my own vehicles.

With all that said i tend to be brand loyal, I use almost exclusively megs stuff on my personal vehicles so naturally i started looking at the megs options that I can get in gallon jugs. So heres what I am looking at.

Cleaner/Polish:
    Megs #66
    Megs D151

Sealant:
    Megs #20
    Megs #21

I am leaning towards Megs#21 as it seems like an updated formula of #20. And omited Megs #6 as its got caranuba in it.

What is everyone elses thoughts? Thanks for your time guys
    -Colin M.
    If you are looking for a polish M205 may be something you want to consider. It's a versatile product that can be used with different pad combinations.

If you are looking for a one step then D151 or M66 like you posted would be fine. You could always top them off with D156 for more protection as a cleaner wax doesn't offer long term protection compared to a sealant.

M20 is a cleaner sealant. It has a light cleaner that will clean the paint. M21 is a finishing sealant with no cleaning or correcting abilities. Two different products. Each one can be maintained with D156.

Post Thanks / Like

I know your Megs specific, but 3D HD Speed is AIO cleanser/polish/sealant.

If washing daily I like the idea of Collinite 476 as an LSP.

Post Thanks / Like

I can imagine that big rigs are a lot of realestate. You should go with a gallon of an All In One. Megs D151, 3DHD Speed are common ones. If you want sometging with more protection, you could go with CarPro Essence, which is considered an All In One on steroids.

But since you want to stay brand specific, Id go Megs D151 and top it with Megs Ultimate Liquid Wax. Megs uLW is actually a sealant, btw, totally underrated.

Post Thanks / Like

Megs ULW or I think Megs Ultimate Paste Wax. You can't go wrong with either one pretty much. Both excellent sealants and Paste Wax smells like some kind of dessert.