autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spray Wax recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    I'd say if you're waxing every one to two months(and washing every week?), just go with a rinseless/waterless wash and wax product that you spray on as you dry. That, or D156.

If you want possible overkill/extra protection and gloss, go with Pherix and Optimum or the Spritz Sealant.

There is also a Sonax BSD that is labeled as a quick detailer and also adds gloss and beads like crazy. Not slick to the touch though if you like that kind of product. Would be great for maintenance.

A lot of the better spray "waxes" are probably more spray sealants.

What is your current wax?

Maybe stick with the same brand for product synergy, says the man who has probably applied 5-6 different spray waxes over the same vehicle in less than a months time.

What's your main priority?

Cost effective?

Easy to use/sun friendly?

Light cleaning?

Good protection?

Edit: From your post you said you want easy to use and added protection.

From what I have used; Sprits Sealant, Rupes P808, and Optimum used sparingly as a drying aide in the shade if it's hot, or Opti-Seal which is better in the heat. All can be used as drying aides.

Those are all easy and will add a great protection.

Many others are just as easy, maybe some more than others, but offer a little less protection.
    My main goal is protection, easy to use and sun friendly when doing my monthly wax maintenance. The products I have used is collinite 845, CG butter wax, pinnacle souvern, CG blacklight. After every wash I use a quick detailer (HD touch or 3d final touch) to clean up any streaks or any missed water spots and I figured since I'm taking the time to do this, instead of using a QD that doesn't add protection, I might as well use a spray wax.

Since I'm looking to use something as a LSP after every wash, my goal is, easy to use, sun friendly and protection in the order. I ended up ordering the blacklight midnight SW, it's a bit more then what I wanted to spend but I haven't read a single bad thing about it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spray Wax recommendation

Cool, let us know how you like it. That is one product I would also like to try, just too many good ones out there.

If you bought a larger quantity and are still interested in some of the others, offer some up for trade for what you would also like to try in the trading thread.

For post wash weekly touch up, D156 probably has to be the best bang per bead, if not one of the easiest to use, slick to the touch, and probably offers more than enough protection.

I have just got around to trying the consumer version, and am very impressed. This is the best beading spray wax I have used except for Sonax BSD.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234