autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fire truck price!!

That is a lot of work just washing it will be time consuming.So let's get passed all that,I would keep that whole project simple.That paint is pretty tough to work on as far as making any noticeable difference so many micro pads will be need for this and on the polish,I would go for a cleaner type wax.Megs 151 reconditioning cream will make an improvement then d 156 for a quick spraywax after.The diamond plate looks dry and rough.I would just make a improvement by hand using a product designed for that.using a machine will make a mess and once you use a machine there is no turning back.There is a big difference by hand and machine.for the glass keep it simple as well buy a dedicated glass cleaner polish.When ordering from ag let them walk you through the best products that are effective and affordable.I think this maybe a five man crew job.So 250 a day may not be enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fire truck price!!

Quote Originally Posted by mountainmedic View Post
    I know however they have never been kept up so now they are more than they can do. However I am a Paramedic here in the county so at least there still getting done by someone in public safety lol.
    I'd be concerned that you and the chief have the same expectations. It's going to take a lot more time to get those trucks looking like something he may have seen in a parade. Once you bring the appearance back to an acceptable level, maybe Chief will pay for the tools, supplies, and training required to educate the firefighters. I know they're busy sleeping until they're hungry, eating until they're sleepy, and playing PS4, but they might have time to do a little cleaning, too.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234