autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Trouble with washing Towels- 3D Towel Kleen

Hello all,

I have been using 3D Towel Kleen as my towel detergent. I wash my towels after every wash (2bm) and after every Rinsless Wash as well.

During the 2bm method:

1 Mitt
    2 Plush Towels
    2 waffle glass towels.

I use around 1 oz.

Now...During the Rinsless method I use:

10 Eagle edgeless towels
    2 Plush towels
    2 Waffle glass towels
    1 cobra waffle for jambs (thats all its good for as it scratches my Honda Paint).
    ONR

For the rinseless towels I use 1.5-2oz in a front loader machine and I run a 1 hour power wash with an extra rinse at 40 degrees Celsius.

Rinseless towels show plenty of dirt so I can get a good indication of how clean they are getting. Even after all that washing when its done, I still have the brown color on my towels where I did my pass....It is not as pronounced but its clearly there, sometimes theres more sometimes less. I fold my towel during each pass so I get 3 uses out of each side. Each side of the towel has 3 "lines" of dirt when done.

People who use 3D Towel Kleen, any opinions? What am I doing wrong?

Note: I just collect all my towels after washing the car and toss them into the machine. They are still wet after the car wash ofcourse.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trouble with washing Towels- 3D Towel Kleen

Unfortunately, towels used for this duty aren't going to remain perfect. Sounds to me like they're stained. Still totally safe to reuse, just discolored. Towel Kleen is a great detergent, it just may not be able to lift a stain such as this. No cleaner really will.

Metro Detroit's Leader in Vehicle Preservation & Perfect Paint Finishes

Post Thanks / Like

As David mentioned no detergent will remove all the staining -- especially from ONR. My ONR towels and mittts (even though clean) always look stained. Since I've switched to UWW+ my mitts and towels come out perfectly clean with no staining using 1.5oz of 3D Towel Kleen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    Unfortunately, towels used for this duty aren't going to remain perfect. Sounds to me like they're stained. Still totally safe to reuse, just discolored. Towel Kleen is a great detergent, it just may not be able to lift a stain such as this. No cleaner really will.
    Thank you David. It really does help getting an answer direct from the manufacturer! So I can sleep easy knowing that its clean right? I just hope the stains I see are not trapped dirt and/or un removed dirt.

I was a bit concerned so I washed them again and they came out cleaner. But, that is not really effective in both time and cost to do everytime.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ski2 View Post
    As David mentioned no detergent will remove all the staining -- especially from ONR. My ONR towels and mittts (even though clean) always look stained. Since I've switched to UWW+ my mitts and towels come out perfectly clean with no staining using 1.5oz of 3D Towel Kleen.
    I agree about the staining - my microfibre chenile yellow mitt has a hint of blue from the ONR. The stain I refer to is one that looks like dirt.. We can see in the pic below right in the center, this is after wiping....just imagine the same brown stain just a bit lighter in color.

Trouble with washing Towels- 3D Towel Kleen-img_3808-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emmjaygti View Post
    Thank you David. It really does help getting an answer direct from the manufacturer! So I can sleep easy knowing that its clean right? I just hope the stains I see are not trapped dirt and/or un removed dirt.

I was a bit concerned so I washed them again and they came out cleaner. But, that is not really effective in both time and cost to do everytime.
    You're totally fine. The more you wash them, the more the stain will fade.

Metro Detroit's Leader in Vehicle Preservation & Perfect Paint Finishes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    You're totally fine. The more you wash them, the more the stain will fade.
    Perfect, thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

I have never had a front loading wash machine, but it seems to me that the newer, higher efficiency wash machines do not clean as well as the old style with the full size agitators inside that were used for so many years. I think you give up some cleaning ability with the new washers. How do you feel about your front loader?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmayer View Post
    I have never had a front loading wash machine, but it seems to me that the newer, higher efficiency wash machines do not clean as well as the old style with the full size agitators inside that were used for so many years. I think you give up some cleaning ability with the new washers. How do you feel about your front loader?
    This just maybe the case.

I am just 25 so I've never ventured into home washing machines let alone wash anything. When I was at university in Australia we had communal washers that were beasts lol, no where near like the home washers.

I don't even wash my own clothes right now as I now live at home....but I wash my microfibers, the car, my towels etc. religiously (and my folks think i'm crazy)

The machine I use right now (i took my folks old washer when they were buying a new one) has a silver drum inside. Thats about it...not like the top loaders which have the little plastic blades attached to the centre thingamajig and such.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe a bucket with a very diluted apc to throw them in as you use them and soak for a little while prior to washing might help get some of the stubborn products out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast