autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Heavily Soiled Interior Detail Advice!

I did not take pictures, but I just confirmed a detail job of a Mazda 3 with the worst soiled interior that I have ever seen. I have a Tornador, Folex, 303 Spot clean and brushes. It is a light tan interior, and I did explain that I will not be able to remove everything. With that said, what would be the best, time saving approach with what I have? Thank you.
    My Mobile Detailing Business- www.PrimeAutoDetailing.org

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Heavily Soiled Interior Detail Advice!

I would invest in a carpet extractor or a commercial steam cleaner. Check out AG store for some of the best tools in the market! Honestly it's the only way to really clean the interior of a really messy vehicle, if you don't have the right equipment you might not want to take the job because if a customer is paying $250.00 - $350.00 to have a good interior detail of a messy vehicle then he wants it to be right which means removing all stains, deep cleaning the leather removing oils and Stains,removing stains from headliner,removing stains from plastic panels, removing all dirty and oils from steering wheel and so much more. Bottom line in order to really detail a completely trashed vehicles interior you need the tools I have pointed out, yes there expensive but there worth there weight in gold when it comes to jobs like you have just inquired about ask any true Detailer.

Good luck!

~Asap

Post Thanks / Like

Be careful, word is Mazda 3's are notorious for being the biggest PITA to clean due to the materials used in the interior.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Be careful, word is Mazda 3's are notorious for being the biggest PITA to clean due to the materials used in the interior.
    I know the carpets are the worst from expierience. The cloth material on the seats are tricky too...you got your work cut out for you with the tan. Good luck!! Post some pics when your done

Post Thanks / Like

Mazda carpets are the worst. Vacuum the interior thoroughly using a brush and then use the tornador on the carpets if you do not have an extractor. Next time, try using meguires apc+ or super degreaser on heavily soiled carpets doing a spot test first to remove stains and marks.

Post Thanks / Like

I have worked on a Mazda 3 hatchback once and that carpet was impossible to get all of the particles out of! I am going to do my absolute best with what I have. The guy understands that it is not going to be perfect. He is just trying to avoid trading it in. It's his daughters vehicle. I also have some Zep Citrus that I might try out. I will definitely be doing test spots!

Post Thanks / Like

Best way to clean soiled Mazda carpet is to get some rock salt, pour it all over the carpets, rub it around for couple of minutes, then vacuum it. Don't know how OCD you are but for debris stuck within the carpet, I usually use a tweezers or a toothpick to wedge it out of the cheap fabric. Go beyond their expectations and win more customers.

Post Thanks / Like

Id say that you probably could do over an 80% job with the tools you have. That Tornador should help you kick some butt even on the carpets. I personally dont have one so I wear my arms/shoulders out scrubbing stains. That thing should blast them. HOT water and a scrub brush and some white terry cloth towels would be my tools. Cant wait to see your pictures.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Here is some of what I'm dealing with. Already vacuumed the crap out of the upholstery, the pictures are before, to get as much dirt out as possible. Folex seems to be doing the best job, so I am going to stick with that. I used the tornador some, after spraying and scrubbing, but I'm not sure that I'll keep using it. My Grandpa has a Karatcher, or whatever it's called, hot water extractor, but he only has the large carpet attachment. I will still give it a shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Heavily Soiled Interior Detail Advice!-imag3503-jpg   Heavily Soiled Interior Detail Advice!-imag3491-jpg   Heavily Soiled Interior Detail Advice!-imag3489-jpg   Heavily Soiled Interior Detail Advice!-imag3496-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yea your defiantly going to need a steamer or extractor for this job bud. What are you charging for this detail?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast