autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

TPnS as fine polish?

Hello Forum,

It's been a while since I posted, but had time to detail my car last week end and have a couple questions. I did my carbon black BMW as follows:
    - areas that just needed light clean up and light swirl removal with Blackfire TPnS on white pad
    - areas needing more attention (hood, front bumper and few spots around trunk) with 1Z Intensive paste followed by TPnS (white pad), so in essence I used TPnS as the second polish.

Do any of you fellows do this? I mean, it seems to me it worked well, even on the ceramic paint newer BMW have, but I am curious if TPnS really has enough cut for that duty.

Also, 3 of my LC pads had the fabric backing peal off. Can these be re-glued? And, do I just peal them too hard or do they just come off because of age (pads are 5 years old but not much use).

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TPnS as fine polish?

Quote Originally Posted by Tex View Post
    Hello Forum,

It's been a while since I posted, but had time to detail my car last week end and have a couple questions. I did my carbon black BMW as follows:
    - areas that just needed light clean up and light swirl removal with Blackfire TPnS on white pad
    - areas needing more attention (hood, front bumper and few spots around trunk) with 1Z Intensive paste followed by TPnS (white pad), so in essence I used TPnS as the second polish.

Do any of you fellows do this? I mean, it seems to me it worked well, even on the ceramic paint newer BMW have, but I am curious if TPnS really has enough cut for that duty.
    I have used TPnS with a white Hybrid pad on the 3401 as a one step with outstanding results.

What did your test spot reveal?

Also, 3 of my LC pads had the fabric backing peal off. Can these be re-glued? And, do I just peal them too hard or do they just come off because of age (pads are 5 years old but not much use).

Thanks!
    Re glueing won't help much. Once they start to come apart its time to grab new ones.

When you are pulling them away from the plate you are sticking your finger between the plate and velcro of the pad and pulling on the Velcro correct?