autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Optimain Opti-Seal question

Started out detailing my brand-new pickup purchased in December 2016, I Iron-X'ed, Clayed , and Pinnacle Paint Cleansing lotion'ed before putting on a coat of Collinite #845 (Thanks to the excellent "how-to detail a new vehicle" and "Collinite how-to" threads!). So far my maintenance washes have been Optimum No-Rinse Wash and Wax, followed by Optimum Car Wax about every 2-3 washings. Man it always looks great I have to say!! I really like Optimum products!

I was reading on the Optimum website about using Optimum Opti-seal as a base for Optimum car wax after washing. My questions are:

• I'm wondering if it would be OK (or have benefit) to use Opti-Seal over Optimum NRWW which already has wax in the product?

• Or should I use the regular Optimum No-Rinse wash (without wax) if I'm going to use Opti-seal as a wax base?

• Is it overkill to be using the Optimum Car wax every so often?

Thanks in advance! The forum community here at Autogeek is the best I have learned a ton since joining!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimain Opti-Seal question

Quote Originally Posted by RAMRebel View Post
    Started out detailing my brand-new pickup purchased in December 2016, I Iron-X'ed, Clayed , and Pinnacle Paint Cleansing lotion'ed before putting on a coat of Collinite #845 (Thanks to the excellent "how-to detail a new vehicle" and "Collinite how-to" threads!). So far my maintenance washes have been Optimum No-Rinse Wash and Wax, followed by Optimum Car Wax about every 2-3 washings. Man it always looks great I have to say!! I really like Optimum products!

I was reading on the Optimum website about using Optimum Opti-seal as a base for Optimum car wax after washing. My questions are:

• I'm wondering if it would be OK (or have benefit) to use Opti-Seal over Optimum NRWW which already has wax in the product? I wouldnt put a sealant over a wax. Usually its the other way around...its ok to put a wax over a sealant

• Or should I use the regular Optimum No-Rinse wash (without wax) if I'm going to use Opti-seal as a wax base? See previous answer. Yes you can use either over Opti-seal. ONRWW would be perfect over top of OS

• Is it overkill to be using the Optimum Car wax every so often? Not at all overkill. Most here use some sort of drying aid (spray wax usually) after each wash. Spray wax wont normally last you much longer than a week or two anyway so you wont be "layering" it.

Thanks in advance! The forum community here at Autogeek is the best I have learned a ton since joining!

.................................................. ...........
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Opti seal will migrate through the wax and work just fine.

I wouldnt be afraid to use the wax once a week.

Post Thanks / Like

Just mentioned in another thread that I use opti seal as a drying aid on my truck all the time now.

I also use optimum car wax as a drying aid every wash on my wife's subaru. Every other week usually. It works great!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everybody! Yg1829 I saw your thread right after I posted mine, lots of great information thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Optimain Opti-Seal question

It's recommended to use ONR before you use Optimum Opti-seal. It removes any polishing fillers and polishing oil. Their forums mention this several times by the product members-authorized to answer the question properly.

Then after 24 hours you can use their spray wax if you like. I'm a big believer using the same product with the same product. Example, Wolfgang (Menzerna) with Wolfgang. Blackfire with Blackfire.

Post Thanks / Like

That truck is the newest I have ever heard of if you purchased it in Dec 2016, lol.....

Post Thanks / Like

Haha, It's so new it isn't even out yet... Good catch MoBenOwner I meant December 2015 lol...