autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wheel cleaner for WORK wheels or 3 piece wheels.

I have a pair of work vs xx on my car and I notice they get dirty really fast compared to my old wheels, and would like to know a good cleaner because I spent too much on these and would like a strong but safe wheel cleaner. I really like eagle one wheel cleaner but it says not safe on painted wheels :/ any suggestions?

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wheel cleaner for WORK wheels or 3 piece wheels.

If your wheels are getting dirty enough to require a strong cleaner, you're not cleaning them as often as you should. I have a custom made set of wheels on my daily driver. Part of each wheel is rough cast aluminum that's painted. The rims are bare polished aluminum. Over the past 10 years I have never used anything stronger than Meguiar's HyperWash which is a car wash soap - the same stuff I use to wash the rest of the car.

Get off your butt and don't let the brake dust and dirt build up on your wheels. Or, just get black wheels that look the same clean or filthy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanmckinley View Post
    I have a pair of work vs xx on my car and I notice they get dirty really fast compared to my old wheels, and would like to know a good cleaner because I spent too much on these and would like a strong but safe wheel cleaner. I really like eagle one wheel cleaner but it says not safe on painted wheels :/ any suggestions?

If you want to protect your investment, which seems true being that you said you "spent too much on these" spend an extra 100 dollars and coat your wheels, your wheels will be a breeze to clean. My coated wheels have never needed more than a coin-op rinse to get 95% clean in the winter months with all the salt.

Post Thanks / Like

Or another option is to upgrade your brake pads. That way your wheels will be much easier to clean with less brake dust.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

You mean with those ceramic glass coatings?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

And I clean my car 3 times a week, I'm not lazy, just brake dust sticks to these more and I have ceramic pads on my car from factory they don't generate that much dust.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes use a ceramic coating like 22 ple for rims and metal. It works great and I only use soap and water to keep my wheels clean once a week.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanmckinley View Post
    And I clean my car 3 times a week, I'm not lazy, just brake dust sticks to these more and I have ceramic pads on my car from factory they don't generate that much dust.
    I'm calling BS. In your first post, you ask about a strong wheel cleaner. Now you claim you wash your wheels three times per week. No matter how much dirt and brake dust get on a wheel, two days isn't long enough for it to bind to the surface. If you're washing 3x per week, all you need is regular car wash soap.

I can water hose 98% of the brake dust off my wheels after two days after running a hard 80 miles on twisty mountain roads and my car has semi competition brake pads.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Mustang View Post
    I'm calling BS. In your first post, you ask about a strong wheel cleaner. Now you claim you wash your wheels three times per week. No matter how much dirt and brake dust get on a wheel, two days isn't long enough for it to bind to the surface. If you're washing 3x per week, all you need is regular car wash soap.

I can water hose 98% of the brake dust off my wheels after two days after running a hard 80 miles on twisty mountain roads and my car has semi competition brake pads.
    I said I want a solid wheel cleaner that won't harm my wheels finish. I didn't want all your assumptions of what I do or say.

Post Thanks / Like

Wheel cleaner for WORK wheels or 3 piece wheels.

OP, I dunno if you are driving a Bugatti or something, but the best investment you will make in this situation isn't coating your wheels or buying a certain wheel cleaner - it's switching to low dust ceramic brake pads.

These pads will eliminate your dirty wheel issue, especially if you clean your wheels frequently. Wagner Thermo Quiet and Akebono are two very good brands of these type of pads.

It's amazing what switching to low dust pads will do.

You can trust me, I'm the Hall Monitor here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast