autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dr. ColorChip blending solution

I'm planning on getting the commercial kit here really soon, and kind of wanting to get near full time with it and not so much the detailing portion, but would still offer it to detail customers. But just wondering at what point do you do the chip repair? The blending solution would almost certainly remove any LSP (the sales rep told me it was great for getting tar and sap off as a side effect) and it was recommended not to be detailed for 7 days after application. Do you do the full detail, leave off the LSP, do the chip repair, then do the LSP?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dr. ColorChip blending solution

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraDetailing View Post
    I'm planning on getting the commercial kit here really soon, and kind of wanting to get near full time with it and not so much the detailing portion, but would still offer it to detail customers. But just wondering at what point do you do the chip repair? The blending solution would almost certainly remove any LSP (the sales rep told me it was great for getting tar and sap off as a side effect) and it was recommended not to be detailed for 7 days after application. Do you do the full detail, leave off the LSP, do the chip repair, then do the LSP?
    in the vid with the DRCC guy and Mike P., they said you'd do it as the last step of a detail except coating or LSP, at least in those areas, since obv you want to keep the area free of anything that might inhibit the new paint from "sticking" in the chip and also you do want to wait for the filled paint to fully do its thing re: curing.

for my personal test vehicle for this product, since the truck is already coated and stuff, i'll wash the thing, just correct the chipped areas to level any sharp edges, etc. wipe down with prep solvent and do the repair over the course of several layers to try to get it as level as possible. in a week or so, i'll re-coat those areas.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12