autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your fav start over shampoo

CG 's Clean Slate gets it done like nothing else .ditto on APC caution .I got some run streaks on trim .I had let it dwell .Might be a bit agressive on painted surfaces .

Post Thanks / Like

If you use Iron-X, get either scented version. The unscented version will make you gag.....and again!!😷
    --Shagnat

Post Thanks / Like

Round 2. Presoaked wheels with a CG APC and Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo mix. Agitated with a cheap wheel brush. Rinsed. Came out brand new.

Then rinsed and presoaked the car with the same mixture. Rinsed and used a 2BM with CG Citrus Wash. Dried. Finished with quick spray of CG VO7 Optical Spray. I did not like this spray on blue mustang but it looks great on white. The Jeep is now about as clean as I can get it with a wash alone I think.

This is how we started a few days ago:

I'm taking my time with this project. I have CarPro Trix on the way for the iron and tar. Once that is removed, quick clay and then some Poorboys Polish+Sealant or Black Diamond. Yet to decide.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    CG has a new stripping soap called clean slate. It's only purpose is to strip the surface of any wax or sealant. Won't hurt coatings.
    Have you tried CG Clean Slate before? One ounce is really enough for five gallons in a bucket and still strong enough to strip polishing oils, glazes, waxes and sealants? Dang, may have to try it out. Could you also use it as clay lube also?

Post Thanks / Like

I got the email a month after the last post. So, where were we...

Oh yeah, cleaning cars with a lot of embedded dirt.

Another thought to add to the discussion is Klasse AIO. You don't have to use it on dry paint. Put a cap-full into a bucket with a couple gallons of water. Pre-wash a panel with rinseless and while it's still wet take a drenched rag from the AIO bucket, put some more AIO one it and gently (or more firmly?) go to work. Dry when you're done and the panel will probably be as clean as your going to get it pre-polishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    CG has a new stripping soap called clean slate. It's only purpose is to strip the surface of any wax or sealant. Won't hurt coatings.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevvyj View Post
    CG 's Clean Slate gets it done like nothing else .ditto on APC caution .I got some run streaks on trim .I had let it dwell .Might be a bit agressive on painted surfaces .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert31 View Post
    Have you tried CG Clean Slate before? One ounce is really enough for five gallons in a bucket and still strong enough to strip polishing oils, glazes, waxes and sealants? Dang, may have to try it out. Could you also use it as clay lube also?
    Check out the recent review done by forum member Loach on this soap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeepngli View Post
    Anyway, it's a newer white Jeep Cherokee. It's gunna need some elbow grease to get all the bugs and crap off it but I'm up for it. So what do you guys use for soap when someone brings in a newer car that needs a good washing? Once it's clean, I'll seal it with BFWD or Poorboys so it stays that way for awhile.
    If it's never been fully decontaminated I with Clay and chemicals both, I wouldn't seal it up until you've done that.

• Wash with Gold Class Wash or your choice of product
    • Hit it with Car Pro Tri-X or at least Iron-X followed by a tar remover or mineral spirits where needed
    • Nano Sponge or clay (if you're old-school) it with a medium sponge in very soapy water. I use Gold Class in a 1 gal bucket
    • I would Air Dry the vehicle with a blower to avoid any further marring of the paint
    • Double check the vehicle for any remaining contaminants
    • Proceed to buffer with appropriate polish
    • THEN seal it up.

On a Jeep the above could take you 5-7hrs depending on your experience, buffer and products used. It's a ton of work at first, but going forward you won't every really have to do much except perhaps a very light polish and wash. In between you may end up using Iron-X or an occasional Nano Sponge where needed. Usually on the tailgate and rear bumper area but that may only be in the spring.

If all of that is too much then I suppose you could seal it up after washing and decontaminating it but that's ultimately your call.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

That is a superb video by Loach!

Post Thanks / Like

IMO if you're going to try and remove old wax, decontaminate and hit it with denatured alcohol and water or 3D Eraser then polish. Maybe back in the day Dawn took off waxes and sealants but IMO that's always been a fairy tale.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

CG Citrus gloss is my fav in which I use the foam cannon to soak the car first then I wash it with Mr. Pink 2 Bucket method
    "I don't consider myself to be the best.. and I don't like compliments.. they distract me." - Jimi Hendrix

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast