autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Need advice on Pinnacle Souveran vs Fusion Estate

Disclaimer: not a business, just a guy with OCD who likes to keep his baby clean and protected.

Been trying a bunch of waxes on my mustang over the past few years. She is built by Saleen and garage kept. Love trying different LSPs to see what works the best. Really enjoy waxing the car in general.

Interesting in trying either Pinnacle Souveran or Fusion Estate Fax. Are they basically the same? Fusion's description comes off a little more high end but Souveran has a great reputation. Both are made by autogeek correct? Color is vista blue, which is medium blue metallic with purplish hues depending on the sun.

Recently tried:

Griots BOS: too hard to work with IMO for the return. Was not impressed. I did send it back and they did refund me so I'll give them that.

CG Lava: gives a nice radiant shine but a pain to remove and doesn't last long.

CG Petes 53: easiest wax I've ever use next to Poorboys, gives is a decent wet look. Doesn't last too long.

Dodo Juice Supernatural: nice sheeting, gives a very clean, decent wet look. Not the easiest to work with but not the hardest. Lasts a long time. Really nice overall clean look when I was done.

Dodo SN is my favorite so far. Will continue to use in late fall and early spring. But for mid summer, I wouldn't mind something more wet so I was looking at Souveran. It doesn't have to last a long time since I don't mind waxing in the nice summer months.

All info appreciated. I should add that I love how most of these brands offer small sample sizes. Would love to try CG Enzyme or Celeste but until they do sample sizes I refuse.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need advice on Pinnacle Souveran vs Fusion Estate

So, with the Fuzion, for the 199 you get one jar and a refill, so its basically $99 each. Will you ever use or get the refill, doubt it, because the tin lasts forever! hahaha. Souveran is all show and glow. It won't last long but will make the car bling! You can't go wrong with either, but since she's a garage queen, I say Souveran.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Both are excellent products. Personally, I think Souveran is the pinnacle (ha!) of carnauba wax. There isn't anything better for a dark color. But since your car is lighter and has metallic flake, you'd probably get a lot more pop with Fuzion. I've tried both on my silver Audi. Fuzion looks a little brighter and accentuates the flake a little more. But I'm partial to Souveran so that's what I'm using now. Souveran has a slight darkening effect to the color (barely detectible), which some people don't want. It's not a big deal to me. I just like the deeper look that it gives over Fuzion.

For comparison sake, I've also tried Dodo Light Fantastic and found it to be pretty similar to Fuzion with light colored paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeepngli View Post
    Interesting in trying either Pinnacle Souveran or Fusion Estate Fax. Are they basically the same? Fusion's description comes off a little more high end but Souveran has a great reputation. Both are made by autogeek correct? Color is vista blue, which is medium blue metallic with purplish hues depending on the sun.
    No they are not the same. Pinnacle Souveran is more of an outright pure Carnauba wax while Wolfgang Souveran is more of a hybrid wax that has polymers added in for a bit of durability and longevity.

Yes they are both PBMG products.

What are your goals with your boutique wax selection?

Post Thanks / Like

The Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax looks awesome on dark colored vehicles. It's by far one of the best premium grade carnauba waxes on the market and offers a lot of depth to the paint surface. The Wolfgang Fuzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax is a blend of carnauba wax and polymers. The Fuzion is extremely glossy and lasts longer. Since your vehicle is a medium blue metallic I would personally go with the Wolfgang Fuzion. The Fuzion really makes the metallic flake pop in the paint surface. Wolfgang Fuzion Estate Car Wax contains real carnauba wax and paint sealant polymers to protect paint. ultimate show car wax, auto wax, paste wax,

Post Thanks / Like

First, thanks for the responses.

Second, my goal is just trying out new products really. Like I said , I really enjoy cleaning and waxing my cars.. Nothing more rewarding that putting the time in and seeing a nice result when you pull her out in the sun. She is a garage Queen for sure, with the occasional show a few times a year. Since I really like how long supernatural lasts, I would probably use bfwd with Supernatural on top in the fall so she stays looks pretty and protected all winter. For the summer months, I'd love to get an even more wet, deep look. I understand that polishing with a buffer would improve the most but I'm still practicing with that on my daily. So for now, just looking for a new wax to try.

Again, I love how both come in mini sizes. I think that's very smart on their part.

I will try to post some pics of the color later. I wouldn't really call it a light color but maybe it is in more experienced detailers eyes. Can't seem to upload pics on the Tapatalk app but I'll do it on my PC later.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Here are the photos to show the color. Would still call it light? I think what I'm looking for is a more wet look. After doing a little more research, Souveran is probably worth a shot since durability is not my concern for this next wax. One person recommended Pinnacle Signature Series II over Souveran. I also saw some posts about the following waxes that might be worth considering: Cloud 9, AF Illusion, and Angel Wax.

Need advice on Pinnacle Souveran vs Fusion Estate-dpp_0022-jpgNeed advice on Pinnacle Souveran vs Fusion Estate-dsc05520_a-copy-jpgNeed advice on Pinnacle Souveran vs Fusion Estate-fb_img_1464113045372-jpgNeed advice on Pinnacle Souveran vs Fusion Estate-dpp_0022-jpgNeed advice on Pinnacle Souveran vs Fusion Estate-dsc05520_a-copy-jpgNeed advice on Pinnacle Souveran vs Fusion Estate-fb_img_1464113045372-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I have af allusion its floating my boat I like spirit better
    But my favorite is vinilla ice from the bounce..

Post Thanks / Like

I have Fuzion, Souveran, All the Do Do waxes, BF Midnight Sun (as goods a Souveran) , Vanilla Ice (hate it, it's oily and never seems to completely wipe off) CG Pete's 53, 50/50, Lava (nasty stuff) Celeste D, AF Illusion, BF Black Ice, PB Natty's and I'm sure I missed a few.

For mettallic lighter colors Fuzion kills it!

This is Fuzion on metallic grey and silver:

And Fuzion is dripping wet.

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet. Pm sent

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast