autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Brand New car need help decided which sealant

Hello fellow Geeks

I have been a lurker for sometime. My hobby is keeping my cars clean I'm not a business just like having clean cars.

I just purchased a 2016 Chevy Malibou in Greystone metalic.

Looking for a sealant to make this pop. Cquartz or Paint angel has come up numerous times. This is a daily driver but parked indoors. Looking for best suggestions, with my other cars I have always been a Zaino fan and have always been happy with it. Just looking to change things up with this new car.

Thanks everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brand New car need help decided which sealant

Congrats on the new car!

Even though it's a new car I would perform the baggie test on it to see if it could use a decontamination before applying your sealant.

The easiest sealant to apply & remove that I've ever used is Blackfire Wet Diamond. There is one user here(Custmsprty) who really likes the Polish Angel products for ease of use as well, and he has posted a few pics of cars he's done which all look great.

CQuartz is a paint coating, which is a little more dedicated to apply than a traditional sealant would be as well. You can read more about them here.

Mike Phillips

Great quetions...

My advice is,

"Find something you like and use it often"

By the word often I mean use it as needed to maintain the level of shine you expect. For a daily driver ALWAYS parked outside this could be using a one-step cleaner/wax once a month. For car parked inside a garage when you're at home but outside when you're at work then you're still going to need to clean the surface periodically no matter what you use.

I just shared the below link here,

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...g-failure.html

Here's the artidcle

Here's why you need to polish paint...

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking for a good sealant that gave a nice deep shine on my daily as well last year. I tried Poorboys Polish dn Sealant last year and Blackfire Wet Diamond this year. The Wet Diamond gave a slightly better shine and was easy to use but I think I would use the Poorboys again because it was even easier and you can do it in the sun for real. Don't think you can go wrong with either. The black diamond might be good if you have another baby in the garage that you want to use it on.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Two of my favorites: Menzerna Powerlock, Duragloss 111 (alone or applied with DG601). Either brand would be great on your vehicle. Both super easy to apply and remove. And great appearance/durability.

The Duragloss is more of a glassy mirror-like shine, very glossy. The Menz is a little darker/wetter type shine. After they have cured, DG Aquawax is a great once-a-month, spray on wipe off "booster" that will amp up the shine and add some longevity to your initial application.

Some others that I haven't used but are frequently mentioned on the forum: Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, Blackfire, Klasse.

A couple wipe on wipe off sealers I see often mentioned: Optimum Opti-seal and Blackfire Crystal Seal. Wolfgang also makes one.

I'd suggest browsing the AG store, read about some products that peak your curiosity, and come back to the forum with any questions you might have. Lots of people happy to help.

Post Thanks / Like

Brand New car need help decided which sealant

I would say Menzerna Powerlock or Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0. Just make sure you prep the paint properly beforehand. Using iron x, a clay bar, any paint correction needed and a good polishing.
    It's more than a car...Keep it clean

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the great input. I have more reading to do. Happy Car Cleaning