autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Dark color cars, Light color cars, IDK! I just want to Detail!

I have a Laguna Blue Fisker Karma...is not Dark and it isn't light so I have no idea what a wax for Dark cars or light cars mean when I have Blue! I am trying to figure out what products to use when I detail it. I can't even get 2 of the top companies to agree on how to Detail! They each give me different steps for when to use a "glaze."

As I understand it my process should be...correct me if I am wrong:
    1. Wash
    2. Clay Bar (if needed)
    3. Glaze
    4. Sealant
    5. Wax
    6. Detail Spray

Is that right?

Next here is what I have, Chemical Guys Purple Wash n Wax, Adam's H2O guard in Gloss, and a Clay magic bar. I want my car to look shiney, wet, and deep. I have spent hours on Amazon and the web trying to figure out what wax to get, sealant, glaze, detail spray I have no idea! Can you guys help me please?

I need a wax, I'm ok with topping. But Do I get a Red wax, blue wax, white wax, black wax and don't even get me going on brand! I'm at a loss, truly! Please help! My 4 quandries are:

• What wax(es) brand? (under $75)
    • Glaze?
    • Sealant?
    • Detail Spray?

My car: Dark color cars, Light color cars, IDK! I just want to Detail!-dsf2-jpgDark color cars, Light color cars, IDK! I just want to Detail!-whhel-psr-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dark color cars, Light color cars, IDK! I just want to Detail!

Well, the color of he wax in all reality doesn't make a difference. I've used yellow, blue, and red paste waxes and they all work on all colors. I'd recommend you start simple with a wash, clay, and wax just to start off as a stepping stone into more detailing in the future. This is my personal recommendation, I'm sure others would disagree, but I know that I wish I had started a little more simply at first. As for what wax to get, I highly recommend Poorboy's Natty's blue. It is cheap, but looks awesome and is super easy to use in shade or sun. With PB pastes, the darker the color the more swirl-hiding ability it has. If you do want to take it a step further try out Poorboy's black hole glaze before the wax to hide even more swirls. Don't overthink it is my main advice though! Remember to have fun!
    Cool car BTW
    Currently: 2014 Jet Black Mica Mazda 6

Previously: 2004 Milano Red Acura TSX

Post Thanks / Like

Seeing as you already have Adams H20 how about sticking with their paint sealant and Americana. They go great together. I am breaking the rules by mentioning this.

If you are looking to jump ship I would consider Meguiar's, Optimum, Blackfire. These are great manufacturers.

Post Thanks / Like

Love those cars!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Jomak....... I'm with ya'...... all this information is dizzying. I'd recommend getting Mike's book (printed or digital) and use that as your guide. It's more helpful than you can imagine.

As stated, keep it simple. No need in worrying about 4 polishes, 3 glazes, 4 sealants, 6 waxes, etc....... (all said tongue in cheek).

GET MIKE'S BOOK..... best single piece of advice I can give.
    --Shagnat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shagnat View Post
    Jomak....... I'm with ya'...... all this information is dizzying. I'd recommend getting Mike's book (printed or digital) and use that as your guide. It's more helpful than you can imagine.

As stated, keep it simple. No need in worrying about 4 polishes, 3 glazes, 4 sealants, 6 waxes, etc....... (all said tongue in cheek).

GET MIKE'S BOOK..... best single piece of advice I can give.

Great idea. I have Mike Phillips The Complete Guide to a Show Car Shine and it is full of great information.

You can also read his posts. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-phillips.html
    AZ Mike aka "Repeat"