autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member PerformanceDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Stuck on Choosing Prices for New Detailing Business

Hey guys, I recently started my mobile detailing business. I'm having a hard time getting new customers, and I'm looking online, and I find that many detailers in the area offer really low prices. Now, even though I just signed up to the forum, I've done a lot of reading through it, and I know you guys always say not to lower prices, but rather outperform the competition. I agree with that 100%, but as a new business, and someone who is going to be doing this full time, I need as many new clients as I can get. There's a local guy around here who gets tons of business and offers interior and exterior detailing for $85 (He also does Interior or Exterior detailing for $60) . He doesn't polish at all for that price, but still, I was thinking of charging $150-160 for a complete detail with polish. I'm mobile, but do not have my own water supply at the moment, so I'm not sure what exactly I should be charging. I want to be as competitive as possible and bring in as many customers as possible to begin getting word of mouth, and I'd be okay with charging less, and increasing prices once I have a stronger client base. Can somebody give me some tips please?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stuck on Choosing Prices for New Detailing Business

It really comes down to how much an hour do you want to make. Then know your overhead.

I have had good results running facebook ads for 5 or 10 dollars a day, just zero in on your location when you set it up.

Post Thanks / Like

I struggled with pricing a bit when I started (I'm still new) and what has worked for me is saying that all prices are individually assessed based on the needs of each client.

I did "introductory pricing" and was doing any full interior and exterior detail for $150 which brought in a good amount of people and got me more work than I could handle. It also sucked sometimes because some jobs were really big, but word spread quick.

Now with individual pricing I can give discounts or charge more for big jobs or less for cars that don't need much correction or offer a light polish for cheaper than a full correction, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Set pricing didn't go too well because I would do an SUV for $150 or $200 and the same client would also have something like a civic and not want to pay the same price they did for an SUV on their small car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

What's your turn around been on those ads if you don't mind me asking?

Post Thanks / Like

What would you say is the best way to market myself in my area?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PerformanceDetailing View Post
    Hey guys, I recently started my mobile detailing business. I'm having a hard time getting new customers, and I'm looking online, and I find that many detailers in the area offer really low prices. Now, even though I just signed up to the forum, I've done a lot of reading through it, and I know you guys always say not to lower prices, but rather outperform the competition. I agree with that 100%, but as a new business, and someone who is going to be doing this full time, I need as many new clients as I can get. There's a local guy around here who gets tons of business and offers interior and exterior detailing for $85 (He also does Interior or Exterior detailing for $60) . He doesn't polish at all for that price, but still, I was thinking of charging $150-160 for a complete detail with polish. I'm mobile, but do not have my own water supply at the moment, so I'm not sure what exactly I should be charging. I want to be as competitive as possible and bring in as many customers as possible to begin getting word of mouth, and I'd be okay with charging less, and increasing prices once I have a stronger client base. Can somebody give me some tips please?
    what part of central fla.

Post Thanks / Like

Polk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PerformanceDetailing View Post
    What's your turn around been on those ads if you don't mind me asking?
    I ran the ads for my snow removal company right before winter, so people were motivated. It wouldnt take much to make the phone ring 30 times a week from a FB ad THAT WENT TO A LANDING PAGE WITH CONTACT FORM ON MY WEBSITE.

The most important thing you can do it keep records of your different ads and the results so you know what works and what doesnt. This is called testing or A/B testing.

If its dry and dusty run something about that, if there is hail damage and you have a PDR contact run an ad about that. Rainy, mention road slime in your ad. Use specials sparingly, and gather emails for future use as someday you may want to use mail chimp for email marketing.

Post Thanks / Like

Your competition has it nailed as far as low pricing.Time will only tell if that area can sustain 150 to 200 for a detail on a consistent everyday basis.you will know in 1 year if that will happen,and your biggest hurdle will be educating the customer from a 80.00 detail versus your prices.quality minded clients will be the answer as far as making this work and be profitable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast