autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Usage Question - Klasse AIO (All in One) and High Gloss Sealant Glaze

The following inquiry pertains to Autogeek items KL-10 and KL-02. Both products are currently listed for sale on Autogeek.net - I believe I am in compliance with the forum TOS in posting an inquiry pertaining to these products as they are actively sold at the present time. Given no separate product specific area has been established for Klasse brand products based on my review of the top of the forum, I am posting this inquiry here as the most relevant category. I apologize for any misclassification or misunderstanding pertaining to the location this was posted. If there is an issue, please just let me know privately and I will be happy to address the problem - no need to assault me for being unfamiliar with the rules and practices of this forum...a simple note is all that's required to address whatever concern you have. I appreciate your understanding in this matter.

I have not come across much in the way of specifics pertaining to the usage of Klasse products after initial application. The instructions provided with my Autogeek.net purchase are relevant to the initial application, but I'm a bit confused as to the correct procedure for applying these products again now that the winter season has concluded -

1) Is it necessary to remove the product entirely before applying a new application?
    2) If removal is necessary, how is this accomplished exactly? This product holds on with incredible tenacity, so I'm not sure cleaner wax is going to work here....
    3) If removal is NOT necessary, would this be applied in the same manner as an initial application (e.g. AIO over the current layer + glaze)?

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Usage Question - Klasse AIO (All in One) and High Gloss Sealant Glaze

First, welcome to the forum! Second, you must have experienced some pretty unfriendly forums because I can see you came here with your flamesuit and your Nomex underwear. Relax, we're pretty friendly here, nobody gets flamed for posting in the wrong forum or asking a question that's been asked.

If you've got good base of SG on your car, then just do a good wash and apply some more. You'll probably want to use a wash that doesn't leave much behind, or try something like this for a wipedown after wash: Sonus Acrylic Spritz Quick Detail Spray, quick detailer, instant detailer, acrylic detail spray

If it's been a long time since your last coat of SG, you probably should start with AIO again. Anyway, the answer to your question is, no, you don't have to remove the previous product in order to apply more, the most you would have to do is use the AIO again (which will remove at least some of the existing product depending on how many layers you have applied). The main thing is how much contamination has built up on the surface since your last SG application; if the answer is none to not much, just top it, if the answer is some to a lot, probably better to AIO first.

Boy, that started out as a simple answer and then I made it all complicated. Better head to the coffee pot.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks much - I was hoping I didn't have to try to strip the old coat off entirely...this stuff really does do what it claims, but god help you if you would ever need to get it off the paint. It's been about 5 months since the last glaze coat, so I'll wash and then test out the paint contam w/ the clay bar. If I don't pick up much in in the usual issue areas, I'll drop on another coat of AIO and glaze and top over that into the summer w/ quick detailer touchups between treatments.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're going to clay it and it otherwise seems ok, you can probably skip the AIO and go right to the SG, as long as you can get the clay lube off. That is, if you still think the product is there and performing (good beading, etc.).

Post Thanks / Like

Love the Klasse twins and their durability.
    2017 Shelby GT350, 2017 Dodge Charger Scat Pack, 2016 Focus RS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by natekoss View Post

The following inquiry pertains to Autogeek items KL-10 and KL-02. Both products are currently listed for sale on Autogeek.net - I believe I am in compliance with the forum TOS in posting an inquiry pertaining to these products as they are actively sold at the present time. Given no separate product specific area has been established for Klasse brand products based on my review of the top of the forum, I am posting this inquiry here as the most relevant category. I apologize for any misclassification or misunderstanding pertaining to the location this was posted. If there is an issue, please just let me know privately and I will be happy to address the problem - no need to assault me for being unfamiliar with the rules and practices of this forum...a simple note is all that's required to address whatever concern you have. I appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Are you related to FUNX650?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Are you related to FUNX650?
    My eyes are bleeding!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Mike Phillips

I have not come across much in the way of specifics pertaining to the usage of Klasse products after initial application. The instructions provided with my Autogeek.net purchase are relevant to the initial application, but I'm a bit confused as to the correct procedure for applying these products again now that the winter season has concluded -
    Well written post. Let me see if I can shed some light...

1) Is it necessary to remove the product entirely before applying a new application?
    The exterior of your car gets a bonded stain called road film. See my article and look at the pictures here,

Road Film - If you drive your car in the rain your car has road film

So if this car is a daily driver and you think you may have a build up of road film on the car then I'd recommend cleaning the paint surface before applying more SG or the SG will simply seal the road film onto the paint.

2) If removal is necessary, how is this accomplished exactly? This product holds on with incredible tenacity, so I'm not sure cleaner wax is going to work here....

I agree. If you applied a thin coat, and time has gone by, then it could be some or most of the SG has worn off naturally and re-applying the Klasse AIO will remove what's left. If you're inclined to make 100% sure then you'll want to machine polish using at a minimum a fine cut polish. You could try to do this by hand but from my experience most people don't have the skill, experience, stamina and tenacity to rub out an entire car "effectively" by hand.

Another option would be to not try to remove it 100% but just remove the road film using the Klasse AIO and the re-apply the SG.

3) If removal is NOT necessary, would this be applied in the same manner as an initial application (e.g. AIO over the current layer + glaze)?

Thanks in advance!
    Yes. I think I answered this above.

A few years ago I wrote an article for how to use SG BUT I did not title it,

How to apply Klasse Sealant Glaze

I titled it with a much less innocuous title as the advice in the article truly does apply to any product you've never used but I had Klasse SG in mind when I wrote the article. Here you go...

A tip for working with waxes, paint sealants or coatings that are new to you

Mike Phillips

I apologize for any misclassification or misunderstanding pertaining to the location this was posted.

If there is an issue, please just let me know privately and I will be happy to address the problem - no need to assault me for being unfamiliar with the rules and practices of this forum... a simple note is all that's required to address whatever concern you have.

I appreciate your understanding in this matter.

I get the feeling you've posted to some normal forums before and received the usual demeaning replies or told to use the [Search] button?

We don't roll like other forums.

Post Thanks / Like

Great advice as always, Mike.

Here's another question about Klasse AIO: Will a Cobra clay mitt used with ONR solution remove the AIO before a machine polish? (I have KAIO but not the SG on the truck, and plan on claying with the mitt, and machine polishing with HD speed to completely start over.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast