autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Please Check My Product Order List

I am new to the forums and have been compiling a list of items for renewing a couple of my vehicle finishes.

Here is what I have so far..

Rupes 21ES Bigfoot
    3 each of the Rupes green, yellow, and white 7" pads
    12 pack Pinnacle yellow foam applicator pads
    McKee's 37 microfiber cleaner
    McKee's 37 polishing pad rejuvenator
    3 Supreme Micro-Chenille wash mitts
    Pinnacle Ultra Poly clay
    Chemguys 8 pack microfiber pads
    Chemguys 12 pack 16x16 premium microfiber towels

I have not listed any polishing compounds/gloss enhancers because I already have the following in the Zaino line and because I am completely ignorant about detailing products other than Zaino.

Z-PC
    Z-AIO
    Z-2
    Z-5
    Z-6
    Z-7

I have been using Zaino since 2000 so I have not had a good reason to make a switch yet. However, if there is something better out there, I am all ears. One reason I would like to try something a little different is due to the time it takes to apply and remove the Zaino.

From a polishing compound standpoint, what would you fellas recommend?

I had my mind set on the Wolfgang UBER along with the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant but am now having second thoughts.

Any recommendations?

The cars I will be working on/correcting are a 2012 CTSV in black raven and a 2000 SS Camaro in red. Before touching either of these two cars, I will be experimenting on my dark stone 2007 F150 just in case.

Thanks,

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please Check My Product Order List

I've used the sealant - really happy with it. It's easy to use and looks great. You might want to look at the 3D products for polishing. A lot of good things being said about their polish and Adapt.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip. I will take a look at the 3D products.

Here is a question I forgot to ask.. After applying the Wolfgang sealant, would there be any benefit in applying a high grade wax over the sealant for added depth?

Post Thanks / Like

Do the sealant and see how it looks. Wax the hood and ask yourself if it adds enough for the effort expended. It's kind of a personal thing. You don't have to wax the whole car. You can just do the gloss points (or you can do the whole thing).

Post Thanks / Like

What is your Zaino process that takes so long?

What is it that you are trying to achieve with your Rupes machine? Defect removal? What kind (scratches, light swirls, etc)?

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on your budget there are plenty of good polishing choices here. HD, McKee 37, and Meguiars should work well despite being on the "budget" end of the range. Wolfgang, Blackfire, and Menzerna also have great reputations. I've used Blackfire and Meguiars with great success.

I'd also suggest more pads for the polisher. While you'll only need one pad for putting down the LSP, I've found four to be a magic number for polishing pads. It gives me just enough to clean/swap-out while doing a vehicle without them getting too hot.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Depending on your budget there are plenty of good polishing choices here. HD, McKee 37, and Meguiars should work well despite being on the "budget" end of the range. Wolfgang, Blackfire, and Menzerna also have great reputations. I've used Blackfire and Meguiars with great success.

I'd also suggest more pads for the polisher. While you'll only need one pad for putting down the LSP, I've found four to be a magic number for polishing pads. It gives me just enough to clean/swap-out while doing a vehicle without them getting too hot.
    I agree with all of Desertnate's comments. Some additional polishes to consider would be the new Griots BOSS creams. Reasonably priced and work great.

Regarding Zaino, I also used their products religiously since 2001 when I bought my Corvette.

Last year I switched from multiple coats of Z5/Z2, over to the BlackFire "wet ice over fire" combo - which is the BlackFire Wet Diamond paint sealant topped by their Midnight Sun wax. All I can say is WOW it blew me away! On your black and red vehicles I'm confident that you would be blown away too!!
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sawacs View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I will take a look at the 3D products.

Here is a question I forgot to ask.. After applying the Wolfgang sealant, would there be any benefit in applying a high grade wax over the sealant for added depth?
    I use Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant and I love it. It is easy to apply and remove and has great durability and beading. I used to apply Wolfgang Fuzion on top of the sealant, but I honestly didn't see much difference and it was more product, more work, and more money. To me the sealant alone is worth it and you can't go wrong with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 11Silverado View Post
    I use Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant and I love it. It is easy to apply and remove and has great durability and beading. I used to apply Wolfgang Fuzion on top of the sealant, but I honestly didn't see much difference and it was more product, more work, and more money. To me the sealant alone is worth it and you can't go wrong with it.
    If I use the Wolfgang Uber compound, is there a reason to use the Wolfgang finishing glaze?

Thanks,

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sawacs View Post
    If I use the Wolfgang Uber compound, is there a reason to use the Wolfgang finishing glaze?

Thanks,

Shawn
    I have not used those products, but I'm pretty positive finishing glaze is a fine polish and not a glaze. Most likely yes you'll need to follow up with finishing glaze after using something more aggressive like uber compound.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast