autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

M37 HI APC vs. Megs D101

I am really interested to find out how the M37 HI APC compares with Megs D101.

Has anyone had a chance to try the new M37 APC?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: M37 HI APC vs. Megs D101

While I still use D101 APC at 10:1 and D108 Super Degreaser at 10:1 for all my interior cleaning when possible (they are both so cheap and effective) Mckee's Hi-Intensity APC+(formerly DP APC+) although similar to D101 in my experience, is significantly better. It cleans better than D101 at the same 10:1 dilution ratio but the best part about it is that is doesn't leave any residue at all. I don't really have any residue issues with D101 or D108 but I know alot of people on the forums have dealt with it (It may be psychological but I feel diluting with distilled water prevents the residue problem. The only APC's I've tried that left that residue were also actually the two most expensive (blackfire APC and Optimum power clean). But as for Hi-Intensity APC+ I honestly can't find anything wrong with it. It's clear in color which I love, it has a clean citrus scent that is better than the scent of D101 (which I also love) but what makes it the perfect APC is that it is safe on virtually ALL materials and surfaces. I used to use megs D120 glass cleaner concentrate but because Hi-Intensity APC+ doesn't leave a residue, I have found the 10:1 dilution ratio to be an extremely effective and safe glass cleaner. Also, where other APC's could potentially ruin clear plastic guages, hi-intensity is completely safe and actually effective at cleaning them and leaving a streak free haze free finish. I have had great results using it on paint too. Whether it's bug residue or tar, there isn't a surface on my vehicle I'm not completely comfortable using it on. Lastly, while I think you'll want to keep D101 on hand because it's truly a great product and an incredible value, Hi-Intensity is a life saver when you are cleaning the back seats of a van or something where there isn't much ventilation (it can still make you cough in stronger dilutions but I have been so impressed with it at 10:1 that I no longer even bother premixing it any stronger)

Post Thanks / Like

^Quite an endorsement! Hard to follow that up with much more.

I have not used D101, but have gone from Optimum Power Clean to McKee's 37(or DP) High Int APC+.

It is very good so far. 10:1 does clean pretty well, and seems safe. I have thought about trying to dilute if further. It does have a nice light orange sent that does not linger, although I wish it did.

I've used it a couple of times 4:1 on wheels that looked bad, but were not super bad, and has worked well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    ^Quite an endorsement! Hard to follow that up with much more.

I have not used D101, but have gone from Optimum Power Clean to McKee's 37(or DP) High Int APC+.

It is very good so far. 10:1 does clean pretty well, and seems safe. I have thought about trying to dilute if further. It does have a nice light orange sent that does not linger, although I wish it did.

I've used it a couple of times 4:1 on wheels that looked bad, but were not super bad, and has worked well.
    I couldn't agree more about the scent. I think what makes it so good is that it does fade so quickly making you want to come back for more! You should try D101 because it really has an exceptional scent as well. If anyone has tried blackfire's APC, am I the only one who noticed that it smells exactly like Optimums Opt-clean waterless product? Also, how come no one else seems to be talking about hi-intensity apc+? I'm pretty sure you're the only other person I've seen mention it in a few other posts, otherwise everyone sticks with OPC or D101

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the Excellent Reviews Mwoywod and Mantilgh!

I too am surprised there isn't more talk of Hi-Intensity APC+. How long has the product been out now? Was it apart of the DP line when it was around?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by willowcat11 View Post
    Thank you for the Excellent Reviews Mwoywod and Mantilgh!

I too am surprised there isn't more talk of Hi-Intensity APC+. How long has the product been out now? Was it apart of the DP line when it was around?
    It came out sometime in 2015 as DP's Hi-Intensity APC+ but when the DP line and the xmt line consolidated into the new Mckee's 37 line, the formulators tweaked every single product and improved them. The only product that was not "tweaked" or "improved" was APC+ because they couldn't improve perfection.haha (and because it was so new already).

Post Thanks / Like

I have never used Megs, but the Mckees/DP stuff really rocks. So far I use it mainly on interiors. Effective yet safe. Everyone that I know of that used the Mckess APC have been very happy with it. I have never seen a bad review of it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    While I still use D101 APC at 10:1 and D108 Super Degreaser at 10:1 for all my interior cleaning when possible (they are both so cheap and effective) Mckee's Hi-Intensity APC+(formerly DP APC+) although similar to D101 in my experience, is significantly better. It cleans better than D101 at the same 10:1 dilution ratio but the best part about it is that is doesn't leave any residue at all. I don't really have any residue issues with D101 or D108 but I know alot of people on the forums have dealt with it (It may be psychological but I feel diluting with distilled water prevents the residue problem. The only APC's I've tried that left that residue were also actually the two most expensive (blackfire APC and Optimum power clean). But as for Hi-Intensity APC+ I honestly can't find anything wrong with it. It's clear in color which I love, it has a clean citrus scent that is better than the scent of D101 (which I also love) but what makes it the perfect APC is that it is safe on virtually ALL materials and surfaces. I used to use megs D120 glass cleaner concentrate but because Hi-Intensity APC+ doesn't leave a residue, I have found the 10:1 dilution ratio to be an extremely effective and safe glass cleaner. Also, where other APC's could potentially ruin clear plastic guages, hi-intensity is completely safe and actually effective at cleaning them and leaving a streak free haze free finish. I have had great results using it on paint too. Whether it's bug residue or tar, there isn't a surface on my vehicle I'm not completely comfortable using it on. Lastly, while I think you'll want to keep D101 on hand because it's truly a great product and an incredible value, Hi-Intensity is a life saver when you are cleaning the back seats of a van or something where there isn't much ventilation (it can still make you cough in stronger dilutions but I have been so impressed with it at 10:1 that I no longer even bother premixing it any stronger)
    OPC left residue? Wow...
    '03 Corvette Z06

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thrilled to hear all the positive feedback on Hi-Intensity APC Plus. This formula was a HUGE challenge for us, not only to be better than the industry standard (Meguiar's D101) but to offer it at a low price point. Through a lot of trial and error, we managed to accomplish both!

For the newbies out there, McKee's 37 was formerly known as DP. Check out this article I wrote last year on Hi-Intensity APC Plus:

DP Hi-Intensity APC Plus VS. 10 year old leather seats

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek

Post Thanks / Like

@OP:

•Since I have always seen the "M" designation
    more or less reserved for Meguiar's products
    in their Mirror Glaze line-up...
    -your use of the product abbreviation M37,
    in your thread starter's title and posting,
    threw me for a loop at first.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast