autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitive 3D Towel Kleen instruction thread.....

I love 3D Towel Kleen! Great product. My microfiber towels have always come out nice and soft and clean.

The last few times I've used it on my microfiber mitts they felt somewhat stiff and hard after washing,and my drying towels as well. This is with two different washers as we just got a new one last month. Have tried various techniques

So....

How much per wash?
    What temperature water?
    Dump it in the washer or through the dispenser?
    Normal,Heavy Duty cycle etc...
    2nd rinse yay or nay??

Have never rinsed with vinegar with Towel Kleen.

Got a new Samsung wa45h7000aw washer. Consumer Reports gave it a 70,and it is highly rated and reviewed on just about every website you look at. Supposed to be quiet and vibration free. Drain Pump noise drives me up the wall,and it is noisy and seems to shake during spin cycle. Everybody says it's normal. I would hate to hear what they call a loud washer. We were going to return it,but we talked ourselves out of it. We decided we might not like whatever we got next any better.
    New Samsung dryer is loud and making noises also. We did go back and buy extended warranties,and a tech is supposed to come if we can ever get rescheduled from a missed appointment last week.

Caveat Emptor. I never was too high on CR to start with,but I really am not now.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Definitive 3D Towel Kleen instruction thread.....

Same questions here!

Post Thanks / Like

I use about 1 oz in my he washing machine and have been very happy with the product. I used to use All Free and Clear.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

1.5oz- 2oz a wash. Depends on size of the load or how dirty they are. I usually wash in hot, rinse with cold, and use the "extra" rinse function on my washer so I don't have any residue left in the machine. Permanent press settings, on my washer it's about 30 minutes. Dump the TK right into the dispenser.
    One thing I've been doing lately is keeping a bucket of TK for soaking till I get enough for a full load. Usually I put about a ounce in with a couple of gallons of water and add towels as I use them. I find that keeping whatever you're cleaning out of the towels moist makes it easier to wash out later. Most of the time I only use 1 or 2 drying towels and a couple MF at a time so constantly doing small loads doesn't make sense to me.

5. Likes tmdals0213 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hot water is not a good thing for mf towels.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Oh boy. At atmospheric pressure water can't get hotter than 212F, I would suspect even one of those washers with a heater in it probably doesn't get the water over 180...how hot does it get in your dryer?

You do know that some people boil their towels to restore them? The only negative effect that hot water has on MF towels is to sometimes make the dye run.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't use the major dryer modes on my dryer when drying mf towels, I use the refresh mode (which is minimal heat)on my dryer and they are dry in 10-15 minutes. I can't personally see any reason to use the hot water cycle for mf towels. Been washing mine the same way for years, cold/cold lowest drying cycle. It's worked for me so it's the way I'll continue to wash mine. My feeling with mf towels is considering the investment in high quality towels is to take the least aggressive approach to cleaning them. But we all have our own preferences.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

9. Likes tmdals0213 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Hate to break it to you but hot and/or boiling water is one of the best things for cleaning and rejuvenating Microfiber towels aside of any cleaning agents whatsoever. Typically you could get away with just boiling a towel as a means of cleaning it and not using any sort of cleaning agent. After all, the manufacturing of microfibers involves high heat and various chemicals to begin with.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks y'all. One thing I have thought of doing is using the bedding setting so there will be more water to swish the towels around. Definitely going to try the soaking bucket deal too.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitive 3D Towel Kleen instruction thread.....

3D Towel Kleen. I use 2oz. per 10 towels if they're really dirty [i.e. rinseless/waterless wash towels]
    1oz. per 10 towels if they're not too soiled [i.e. wash mitts & drying towels]
    I wash with hot water on normal speed setting and turn it up to "fast" for a couple minutes midway through the wash cycle.
    No extra rinse, unless I find that I've used too much soap and there's an extreme amount of suds that still need to rinse out.
    I usually do a pre wash in a bucket with a bit of car wash soap and a Grit Guard to agitate the towels against. I've found the car wash [in my case Megs D111 Shampoo Plus] works far better and is much sudsier than using Towel Kleen.
    I dry on low heat and the towels are 100% dry in about 35min.
    My washer & dryer are both old Kenmore models. Nothing fancy.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast