autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Another MIcrofiber Towel Questions... Pre Treating STain questions.

IS it ok to soak microfibers in all purpose solution before Washing with a dedicated Microfiber detergent.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another MIcrofiber Towel Questions... Pre Treating STain questions.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenlight View Post
    IS it ok to soak microfibers in all purpose solution before Washing with a dedicated Microfiber detergent.
    Depends on the all purpose cleaner and whether or not you're using it full strength as some can be pretty potent.

Better option would be to just have a hot (preferred) bucket of water and microfiber detergent waiting to throw the rags in as soon as you're done using them.

Post Thanks / Like

I typically just wash them normally...and if they come out stained.......they are relegated to wheel and/or door jamb duty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldenlight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1EdgeKilla View Post
    Depends on the all purpose cleaner and whether or not you're using it full strength as some can be pretty potent.
    Undiluted APC won't harm MF's. A pre-soak can be kind of a nuisance and/or a biohazard depending how long it's going to be before you wash. If you have a specific stained area, just spray it with some APC or even pad cleaner if that's more handy before you throw it in the laundry bucket.

Where I have run into a problem is pretreating buffing pads like that, where the undiluted pad cleaner did something to the Velcro adhesive or maybe the foam, I can't remember.

Post Thanks / Like

Discovered the soak option on my front loader. I will try this will microfiber washed. I didn't damage my good towels just my door jam ones

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Undiluted APC won't harm MF's. A pre-soak can be kind of a nuisance and/or a biohazard depending how long it's going to be before you wash. If you have a specific stained area, just spray it with some APC or even pad cleaner if that's more handy before you throw it in the laundry bucket.

Where I have run into a problem is pretreating buffing pads like that, where the undiluted pad cleaner did something to the Velcro adhesive or maybe the foam, I can't remember.
    I disagree.... Once again it depends on the APC as some (like myself) will use industrial/commercial grade APC's that are very highly concentrated and will literally eat a hole right through your towel. Don't ask me how i know..

As for the buffing pads, IME I have never had to use full strength concentrated pad cleaner to pre-treat a pad nor would I. Most cleaners are strong enough even diluted to dissolve the adhesive between the foam and velcro if left to dwell. Thats why if letting sit, even to dry, its best to do so with the foam-side down and velcro backing up that way the cleaner settles down away from the velcro backing and thus doesn't dissolve the adhesive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1EdgeKilla View Post
    I disagree.... Once again it depends on the APC as some (like myself) will use industrial/commercial grade APC's that are very highly concentrated and will literally eat a hole right through your towel. Don't ask me how i know..
    If you're using an APC that will eat a hole in a polyamide/polyester towel, that's not an APC that I would want anywhere near a vehicle or my person. Are you sure you didn't mix it up with an acid wheel cleaner?

Post Thanks / Like

I just spray the badly stained area with APC a few minutes before washing.This is on NON PAINT MF towels only.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    If you're using an APC that will eat a hole in a polyamide/polyester towel, that's not an APC that I would want anywhere near a vehicle or my person. Are you sure you didn't mix it up with an acid wheel cleaner?

lol no i didnt mix it up... it was a buddy of mine at the time helping me who actually used it full strength by accident which again dilluted properly I have no problems and it actually cleans very well. I suggest most that are bought on here or readily available (consumer) grade probably wouldn't harm them at full strength but like I said its better to be safe than sorry.