autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Homemade undercarriage pvc washer for the non pressure washer.

I wanted to share a homemade undercarriage wash device that is good to use for the Garden Hose washer. I do not use a pressure washer. For people with pressure washers you can buy a special undercarriage washer attachment.

For your typical garden hose user this works pretty good and the pressure is good too.

We built this device a little longer the guy who makes the "Underwasher" so we don't have to bend as much when using it. Also you can hold it upright rinse the top of the truck.

One: 10 foot 1/2" PVC.

Two: 45 Degree 1/2" elbows

One: 1/2" PVC Pipe Cap

Pvc: Glue or Glue & Primer

one: 3/4in x 1/2in Swivel Hose adapter: Ace hardware part #48479

Ace Quick Connector Hose Coupling Set.

This took only 15 minutes or so to build. We had the hardware store cut the 10 foot pvc in half. We decided when we got home, the wand part that shoots the spray, we only wanted roughly 2 1/2 feet of it so we used pvc cutters to cut the piece. We used the spare piece later to act as a handle.

We drilled holes roughly every 4 inches or so and added a few angled holes to get different directions of spray.

we glued the two elbow pieces, the end cap, and the swivel hose adapter. We then took the quick hose connector and screwed it in. We can pop the garden hose on and off as needed and quickly and also control the pressure.

You could cut the 5 foot piece down a foot or so, but we wanted to make it longer to reduce bending.

Quick YouTube video: http://youtu.be/qoYKUqY9rv8

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Homemade undercarriage pvc washer for the non pressure washer.

Cool, can you show a close up of the hose connector end? I may have to make one of these!!!
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

You're awesome for figuring this out and sharing it with us!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Cool, can you show a close up of the hose connector end? I may have to make one of these!!!
    dcjredline, the 2nd picture shows the hose connector end, but here is what we bought.

The most expensive part of building this, is the pvc glue (around $5.00) and the quick hose connector kit $(5.00) but if you already have these two for your house, then you can build this thing for $8.00 or less.

Hose connector kit: Ace Hardware part #72372.

With this kit, you can take the one male black piece quick connect and add that to the pvc pipe and the spare one to your garden hose sprayer. (if you use a foam gun, that probably already has a quick connect) The pressure main connector, screws onto your hose, and you use the green part to quick connect to the black piece. So you can quickly swap from a sprayer to the pvc washer in seconds. The pvc piece is the 3/4in x 1/2in Swivel Hose Adapter that the male quick connect screws into. We did not glue the male quick connect piece.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post
    You're awesome for figuring this out and sharing it with us!
    I actually found most of this online but decided to show more of a visual for visual learners like myself. There is a guy who makes something called the "Underwasher" Its a little shorter and has two pieces that screw into each other so you can take the thing apart. That's more pieces to buy, so we made ours one piece and a little longer, because if you watch his youtube video, he's always bending when using his.

Post Thanks / Like

I am on my D model now. I bought the underwasher last year but decided to do a T at the end on this model

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrken1 View Post
    I am on my D model now. I bought the underwasher last year but decided to do a T at the end on this model
    Would you mind posting a pick of your undercarriage cleaner with the upgrade - T at the end. Thanks much.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What size holes did you drill? Great info. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsports View Post
    I wanted to share a homemade undercarriage wash device that is good to use for the Garden Hose washer. I do not use a pressure washer. For people with pressure washers you can buy a special undercarriage washer attachment.

For your typical garden hose user this works pretty good and the pressure is good too.

We built this device a little longer the guy who makes the "Underwasher" so we don't have to bend as much when using it. Also you can hold it upright rinse the top of the truck.

One: 10 foot 1/2" PVC.

Two: 45 Degree 1/2" elbows

One: 1/2" PVC Pipe Cap

Pvc: Glue or Glue & Primer

one: 3/4in x 1/2in Swivel Hose adapter: Ace hardware part #48479

Ace Quick Connector Hose Coupling Set.

This took only 15 minutes or so to build. We had the hardware store cut the 10 foot pvc in half. We decided when we got home, the wand part that shoots the spray, we only wanted roughly 2 1/2 feet of it so we used pvc cutters to cut the piece. We used the spare piece later to act as a handle.

We drilled holes roughly every 4 inches or so and added a few angled holes to get different directions of spray.

we glued the two elbow pieces, the end cap, and the swivel hose adapter. We then took the quick hose connector and screwed it in. We can pop the garden hose on and off as needed and quickly and also control the pressure.

You could cut the 5 foot piece down a foot or so, but we wanted to make it longer to reduce bending.

Quick YouTube video: http://youtu.be/qoYKUqY9rv8

Post Thanks / Like

I built a similar unit a couple of years ago but went with a "T" at the business end and a shut off at the hose end.

[IMG][/IMG]

Must remember to insert under the car before turning on the water!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast