autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

question about gold plush and super plush towels

On the chart both are listed at the same weight of 600 g/m but when you look at the individual product page the gold are said to be 380. I really can't feel a difference between them so what gives? Autogeek might need to do some correcting. I also thought I was able to color coordinate the same type of towel. But now they will have different jobs. What do you use yours for? The gold that is. My super plush are strictly for my paint. Also what about the 530s? Just ordered some. Thoughts? Thank you

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: question about gold plush and super plush towels

I agree the product page needs attention.

The copy indicates, "The Gold Plush and Gold Plush XL Towels are both made of luxurious 70/30 microfiber" and "The Gold Plush Microfiber Towel measures 16” x 24” and features an outstanding 75/25 blend of polyester and polyamide."

The chart indicates that the Gold Plush is 75/25.

Post Thanks / Like

So I really don't know what I bought then. Can we get some answers from somebody in the know?

Post Thanks / Like

?

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont care much for GSM's when it comes to Cobra towels, because all their towels are top notch & work very well. I use the golds for wax/sealant removal, and their thicker purple deluxe ones for QD/Spray Wax. Cant go wrong with any Cobra, dont worry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CM8 6MT View Post
    I dont care much for GSM's when it comes to Cobra towels, because all their towels are top notch & work very well. I use the golds for wax/sealant removal, and their thicker purple deluxe ones for QD/Spray Wax. Cant go wrong with any Cobra, dont worry.
    I just got some cobras in the black Friday sale and I used the purple for polish/wax removal since they were so soft and this past weekend I ordered some guzzlers but until they came in I used the larger gold plush to dry my car this weekend (retired my old ones to wheels). I thought since it was the same (or I thought) it would be fine but then I read the actual product page and it worried me. They dry great though. And they do feel soft to the touch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyTruckn View Post
    I just got some cobras in the black Friday sale and I used the purple for polish/wax removal since they were so soft and this past weekend I ordered some guzzlers but until they came in I used the larger gold plush to dry my car this weekend (retired my old ones to wheels). I thought since it was the same (or I thought) it would be fine but then I read the actual product page and it worried me. They dry great though. And they do feel soft to the touch.

Sometimes "soft" isnt the greatest for removing polish/wax/sealants. The purple ones are best suited for QD/Wax removal, or even rinseless washes. However you can user them for whatever youd like. Soft towels are very subjective, because I can find you super soft towels at a local retailer, that will marr your paint like no other. So again, soft doesnt mean good, or quality. Cobra towels however, are some of the best.

Post Thanks / Like

I also noticed this in my past order of the Gold towels and called. I was told that they are 380 g/m not the 600 we see on the chart. They said it was something they needed to update. Guess they still haven't, it's been probable about 6 months since I called to ask.

Michael

Post Thanks / Like

Just an fyi reps. Might need to update!