autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Need advice on Metro vac and blo

Sorry if this isn't posted in the right place.
    Does anyone have experience with the portable metro vac and blo?
    I was going to get the full size one that comes with 24 feet of hose, but was told that one is 21" in diameter. Too big for where I want to mount it. The portable one comes with only 12' of hose. If I ad 12 more feet of hose will the portable one still have enough suction and blow power? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need advice on Metro vac and blo

Hi Don, and welcome...

I'm not totally sure I'm following your question but I have the full size mountable version and it came with 4 6-ft hoses so you can reduce hose length if needed. It is definitely not 21" in diameter - maybe 5-6" in diameter, but the thing is rather long - maybe that's your issue. I can measure later if it would help.

That being said, mine works great no matter the hose length. As for the portable version - it's rated at the same HP so can't imagine you'd have much trouble with adding a hose extension. Just my $.02.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rms64 View Post
    Hi Don, and welcome...

I'm not totally sure I'm following your question but I have the full size mountable version and it came with 4 6-ft hoses so you can reduce hose length if needed. It is definitely not 21" in diameter - maybe 5-6" in diameter, but the thing is rather long - maybe that's your issue. I can measure later if it would help.

That being said, mine works great no matter the hose length. As for the portable version - it's rated at the same HP so can't imagine you'd have much trouble with adding a hose extension. Just my $.02.

Good luck!
    Thanks rms64
    I didn't see any dimensions on the full size, so I called AG. Was told 21" x 24". Maybe that 21" is with the wheels mounted? The full size seems like the better deal, for $20 dollars more you get 12' more hose plus there are wheels so I could pull it down from the wall and roll it around if need be. Plus I think it's only a pound heavier than the portable

Post Thanks / Like

I have the portable vac and blow and it came with a strap (so you can carry it around) and a detachable dolly along with extensions, etc. However, I had to buy the flexible extension since the rigid ones were not useful for me. At the time, I thought I wanted portability.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I have the portable vac and blow and it came with a strap (so you can carry it around) and a detachable dolly along with extensions, etc. However, I had to buy the flexible extension since the rigid ones were not useful for me. At the time, I thought I wanted portability.
    So you are not using it as a portable vac anymore? That's my dilema. I think I want portable, but the mountable full size seems pretty convenient. I'd hate to buy the portable then realize I don't want to carry it around and end up paying for more flexible hose later.
    If you had to do it again, which one would you buy?

Post Thanks / Like

I would like get the larger size but it is a little more compact. I had to get the extension for the hose as well as the short power cord.

Al
    The Need to Bead