autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

New setup questions

Hey all,

I've just finally purchased a 6x10 v-nose enclosed trailer. I am so much closer to being fully mobile and business is boomin. I have several questions. I can't seem to get exact answers from any other posts as this forum is a black hole of knowledge for me that I constantly get lost in.

So anyways they are fairly simple. I am looking for a power washer, electric or gas? Keep in mind I will not be using this on 10 cars a day or anything but right now I detail everyday except for my shifts in the fire department (1 day on 3 days off) and I am doing roughly 2-3 cars a day. I'm not a volume washer by any means because I am far too particular which has held me in business for 4 years now. I understand I will be spending some money on a commercial unit but am still looking for most bang for my buck.

Secondly I am curious as t what other set ups people have used in their trailers. I am desperately in need of a mildly inexpensive organization plan for my trailer. I'm handy and build a lot myself. Just have a poor imagination at times. Please feel free t show off your hard work.

Lastly, I am still looking for a very nice steamer. None of the weekend warrior units. So I am reaching out for any suggestions. I saw renny Doyle has one he sells but I feel as if its the same as the rest that look similar that I could find cheaper.

Thanks for all who reach out to help. You guys have been great helping hands over the past 2 years of my business. Can't get enough of reviews and advice!

Shine Right

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New setup questions

If you're mobile I would go with a gas pressure washer. I wouldn't want to rely on my clients outlets to supply power and an electric pressure washer will use a decent amount of power to run which equals a more expensive generator needed. Plus this adds wear to your generator as well as the the wear the pressure washer is getting. Also keep in mind most weekend warrior pressure washers are designed to run around 400 hours. Look for a unit with brass and steel internal parts. Cast aluminum is for the lower end units. Also look for a unit with a thermal relief valve to avoid cooking the pump when the unit is on but you're not spraying.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it does. Thank you for your response. I have been looking around some more and am definitely going to go with a gas unit. As far as a generator goes I am already going to need a decent size in order to run my 14 amp extractor to pre heat and my 12 amp shop vac. Sort of a lose lose there but no problem none the less. Go big or go home.

Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

No problem.

Good choice with the gas. With electric you're limited to about 2500 cleaning units (Cleaning units is PSI x GPM) using 15 amp sockets. Any decent grade electric washer would need more power than your common household plug could provide. I used to sell power washers, still remember a few things about them

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't see your question about the steamer at first. If you want a heavy duty steamer check out the Desiderio. It's an industrial steamer and a 2 stage vacuum in one. You can use it steam only, vacuum only, or together to get interiors very very clean. It also replaces the need for an extractor. It's expensive but is like having 3 units in one.

Post Thanks / Like
    I already have a $3300 extractor so I really don't need that but I will definitely check it out. Thanks again.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks .. great info