autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car Cover Questions

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    Too much beating and banging from the wind!
    And the contaminates it brings along with it.

Also...
    From the picture of your avatar (Tahoe):

I can only ascertain it isn't completely "outdoors".
    Therefore, IMO...Your above point is moot.

Bob
    This is what's 3-4 miles west of me, the largest Gypsum Dune Field on earth, White Sands National Monument, and Missle Range.

Not sure whether my points are Moot, as it's a choice between literal sand blasting when the winds blow, or trapped particles under the cover? Which is worse? Hard to say, but even though I have a canopy over the vehicle, the desert sun, and winds and dust had taken its toll on things like both the Headlight, and Tail Light Assemblies. That, and I suppose "Father Time".

Rather than restore them, I replaced all of them, then immediately got the cover right after.

I would suspect there's not too many folks in this forum that have as harsh the conditions I experience. The NOAH Cover, due to its inherit features has proven a wise purchase for me.

Of course other's mileage may vary, some tropical conditions in some ways could be worse, with moisture, humidity, and possibilities of molds-mildew, and rot.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Car Cover Questions

Any dust cover that you take off and on everyday will marr your car. Pulling off and on will drag the dust that get under across your paint. A cover is only good for a guy who wants a relativley clean car,but is not a nut job about scatches etc. Or when the car is rarely used so the cover does not come off often.

You, my friend , are stuck between a rock and hard place. You will not get the result that your desire.

Good luck with your quest for perfection.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Noah Covercraft for my Dakota. I do not use it any more. It fit like a well made glove.

It really took two people to install and remove it and could not clean it before I put it on so I saw marring on the top of the cab..easily removed.

For outdoor storage it was great but just not practical for every day use. I would get a much lighter one but then the truck is big so not sure any car cover would be perfect.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slimnib View Post
    Any dust cover that you take off and on everyday will marr your car. Pulling off and on will drag the dust that get under across your paint. A cover is only good for a guy who wants a relativley clean car,but is not a nut job about scatches etc. Or when the car is rarely used so the cover does not come off often.

You, my friend , are stuck between a rock and hard place. You will not get the result that your desire.

Good luck with your quest for perfection.
    Well said.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12