autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Car Covers...

Post Thanks / Like
    Abnot - Home Depot should have the grommets you're looking for.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK. I will give them a try. Anyone have any useful tips on how to put it on with the least rubbbing against the paint. The instructions show a car and have you place in the centerline from to rear and then stretch. This is easier on car than a truck. Since it is like a fitted sheet on a bed it just not lay flat. It is curled up due to the elastic. It is fairly simple but I worried about rubbing the paint now after getting it since it fits it so tightly when installed.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    I found some adhesive patches (around 2-in x 2-in) that you apply to a tarp to add a hole (like for a pole). Anyone ever used something like this? Does anything think these will adher to the car cover long term?

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    got in from key west (it was amazing time) tonight and i found my weathersheild covercraft at home and im very excited!

i actually plan on going out and washing the car as rain is expected tonight or tomorrow and i want to see this in action!

i was just wondering, but at home i currently dont have an airhose to blow out the water in the cracks...not really a big deal but i want to know whether or not the remaining water that will stay in the cracks makes any difference after the cover is put on?

basically, is a little remaining water that will prolly drip down from my mirrors and trunk ok underneth the cover or do i have to make sure that the car is virtually dry b4 putting the cover on?

thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner1659
    got in from key west (it was amazing time) tonight and i found my weathersheild covercraft at home and im very excited!

i actually plan on going out and washing the car as rain is expected tonight or tomorrow and i want to see this in action!

i was just wondering, but at home i currently dont have an airhose to blow out the water in the cracks...not really a big deal but i want to know whether or not the remaining water that will stay in the cracks makes any difference after the cover is put on?

basically, is a little remaining water that will prolly drip down from my mirrors and trunk ok underneth the cover or do i have to make sure that the car is virtually dry b4 putting the cover on?

thanks!
    I never like to cover my cars when they are wet or even have water dripping from from hard to day places. I always blow everything dry with an air compressor or leaf blower. It will probably be ok if you check it in the morning for any water spots. If you have any spots get them off ASAP.

Post Thanks / Like
    something told me it would be you gary that would be the first to respond!

thanks! i guess what i will do is wash it up and then let it sit for an hour or so and then do i quick check/qd and cover...idk...i just want to get this bad boy on the car and see how it works! (since rain is in the forecast for tomorrow)

Post Thanks / Like

A pole in the bed

Quote Originally Posted by Abnot
    I just purchased a Covercraft Noah car cover from AG for my Dakota. It shipped promptly. I ordered the custom model and it fit very well --- maybe a bit too tight...but it is not going to flap around in the wind. It went on well although I still need to cut the hole for the antenna..took it off in the meantime.

Now, it rained pretty good last night here (finally) and I got up to drive it to find a lot of water in the bed trapped by the cover. It sagged in the bed and was a bowl. The cover is waterproof....Duh ! I guess I should have expected that. My instant reaction is just cut a couple holes in the bed area to let the water drain through. I have a bed liner and do not care about water in this area. It is a mess to get the cover off when the water was trapped in the bed.

Any other ideas? It would be nice to have some spare grommets (like the ones used for the antenna hole) to keep the hole (if I added one) from spreading.
    Put a pole in the middle of your truck bed so it holds that area up like a little tent. I had a boat cover made and the guy stitched a pocket in the middle of the cover where I could put a pole and hold up the cover. It never pooled in that boat cover.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good idea. I called Covercraft today, explained the issue, and they are going to send me some of the plastic grommets (like those for a hole for antenna) to use as a drain hole.

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone with their car covers experienced light smudges or streaks after taking their cover off? While it's not too much of a problem, i've noticed some on my window and parts of the hood (Sorry no pics). It looks like streaked wax, which can be easily wiped off with an MF. i'm wondering if it's from morning dew or the cover. Any thoughts? TIA for the input!

Ryan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite1
    Has anyone with their car covers experienced light smudges or streaks after taking their cover off? While it's not too much of a problem, i've noticed some on my window and parts of the hood (Sorry no pics). It looks like streaked wax, which can be easily wiped off with an MF. i'm wondering if it's from morning dew or the cover. Any thoughts? TIA for the input!

Ryan
    I just started using one and I noticed there is a haze on my windshield every time I removed the cover. I think it is trapped moisture but it does will not wipe away when you run the wipers. It has air dry off. I am going to clean it soon to see if it goes away.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123