autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pleas share the flaw. I'm thinking of getting a bunch of cabinets for my garage. It will be my spring cleaning project

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Garage Makeover update

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche Pilot View Post
    Are you hanging the gladiators on the wall with the track panels? Well worth the extra time and money to hang em.
    I bought 2 wall mounts cabinets. The other 8 I have on casters.
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

I do have some tips on hanging the 24 inch ones. You will see a glaring design flaw once you hang them.
    The 24" wall mount cabinets are only 12" deep. Are these the ones?

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the deal on the Gladiators. First off, great product and I love mine. I have 2 48", 3 36" and 4 24" inch cabinets all wall mounted. The cabinets have a bracket that attaches to the back. On the 48 and 32 inch models two brackets are needed (top and middle). The brackets hang on the track piece that you screw into the wall. Works great, no problems.

The 24" cabs are a bit different. There is only one bracket that attaches to the back of the cabinet and that is near the top of the cab. It hangs the same way on the wall mounted track. Now, since there is only one bracket, and no option for two, the cabinet will not sit level and has a noticeable lean from the top. It sticks out because of the bracket/track system. I had to fashion a shim piece to match the angle of lean, if that makes sense, and attach that to the wall near the middle of the cabinet to make it level again.

It's not a huge deal but I demand nothing but perfection from my cabinets and dont want them leaning. I am not sure what Gladiator was thinking but it is a flaw, although minor, in the design. There should be two brackets back there.

I hope this all made sense. I am just too lazy to go out and take pictures of the system but you will see what I mean when you hang it. I ripped down some scrap lumber and screwed it to the wall.

Post Thanks / Like

I know your son posted pictures...but this thread is severely lacking Jim!
    Trent
    PRD

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the deal on the Gladiators. First off, great product and I love mine. I have 2 48", 3 36" and 4 24" inch cabinets all wall mounted. The cabinets have a bracket that attaches to the back. On the 48 and 32 inch models two brackets are needed (top and middle). The brackets hang on the track piece that you screw into the wall. Works great, no problems.

The 24" cabs are a bit different. There is only one bracket that attaches to the back of the cabinet and that is near the top of the cab. It hangs the same way on the wall mounted track. Now, since there is only one bracket, and no option for two, the cabinet will not sit level and has a noticeable lean from the top. It sticks out because of the bracket/track system. I had to fashion a shim piece to match the angle of lean, if that makes sense, and attach that to the wall near the middle of the cabinet to make it level again.

It's not a huge deal but I demand nothing but perfection from my cabinets and dont want them leaning. I am not sure what Gladiator was thinking but it is a flaw, although minor, in the design. There should be two brackets back there.

I hope this all made sense. I am just too lazy to go out and take pictures of the system but you will see what I mean when you hang it. I ripped down some scrap lumber and screwed it to the wall.
    Ed, will a piece of the Track Guard mounted on the bottom provide enough shim? I noticed this flaw too and wont live with it either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TS656577 View Post
    I know your son posted pictures...but this thread is severely lacking Jim!
    I am embarrassed to post pics in the garage's current state. I have crap piled up on both sides.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    Ed, will a piece of the Track Guard mounted on the bottom provide enough shim? I noticed this flaw too and wont live with it either.
    You would hope it would but it doesn't. The channel bracket on the cabinet sticks out from the track too much. It is something like 1.5 wall tracks to make up for the kick out from the bracket. Maddening isn't it? Great cabinets otherwise.

Post Thanks / Like

You would hope it would but it doesn't. The channel bracket on the cabinet sticks out from the track too much. It is something like 1.5 wall tracks to make up for the kick out from the bracket. Maddening isn't it? Great cabinets otherwise.
    Can you buy a bracket for the bottom, Ed? TIA!

Post Thanks / Like
    There is no attachment point for another bracket. I do suppose you could drill some holes and bolt one on like the top. Not sure why I didn't that unless they don't sell just the bracket.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast