autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Floor mat recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by MI Mike View Post
    I would agree Weathertech.

Curious? What reason did your wife give you for not wanting the floor mats.
    I have the weathertech liner in my truck. The edge of the liner at the door sill does not sit perfectly flat. It doesn't stick up much - maybe 1/4" or so - most people wouldn't even notice it. But my wife is coordination-challenged. She can trip over a piece of thread. So she is afraid that she will constantly be catching her feet on it as she enters or exits the car.
    Craig

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zkeeper View Post
    For what it's worth department: my wife has a fine BMW X3 which SHE details and is obsessive with--and did NOT want the WeatherTech...thot it was a bit too plebian. UNTIL she saw them in use, got a set, and NOW will not take them out even in summer...unless she is going to a show event etc..and THEN complains she is going to ruin her better carpets. They look and fit great...just a thot..but she is sold. Good luck on convincing SWMBO, but they are nice when it comes to having clean carpets when you want clean unstained carpets.
    Good info...but what is SWMBO?
    Craig

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rei86 View Post
    While Weathertech's aren't cheap, rubber floor mats for someone like me has the air of cheesy cheapness to it compared to a nice fiber carpet floor mat.
    I was somewhat afraid of the "cheapness" factor when I ordered them for my truck, but they really aren't bad at all. All the positive feedback from people with nice cars (Meghan, zkeeper, etc.) really speaks alot about them!
    Craig

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clm65 View Post
    I was somewhat afraid of the "cheapness" factor when I ordered them for my truck, but they really aren't bad at all. All the positive feedback from people with nice cars (Meghan, zkeeper, etc.) really speaks alot about them!
    How do you know that the mat will extend up a 1/4" on her vehicle. Weathertech will work with you on making sure its an exact match for the vehicle.

They make various mats. The one I have encapsulates the entire area on both sides of the console, including up the side. They are perfect for Michigan winter's. (Like Megan mentioned they keep the carpet clean. ) Imagine if you lived uphere (North). Water, Salt & Snow being piled onto your carpet day after day all week. It gets to a point that some people will store the oem carpets and buy an old set then just throw the carpet/mats away, because they are to bad to clean or fix. To me they were the best investment that I made.

But, I realize you gotta do what's going to keep mama happy !!!
    Mike !!!
    Mid-Michigan
    Tri-Cities

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MI Mike View Post
    How do you know that the mat will extend up a 1/4" on her vehicle. Weathertech will work with you on making sure its an exact match for the vehicle.

They make various mats. The one I have encapsulates the entire area on both sides of the console, including up the side. They are perfect for Michigan winter's. (Like Megan mentioned they keep the carpet clean. ) Imagine if you lived uphere (North). Water, Salt & Snow being piled onto your carpet day after day all week. It gets to a point that some people will store the oem carpets and buy an old set then just throw the carpet/mats away, because they are to bad to clean or fix. To me they were the best investment that I made.

But, I realize you gotta do what's going to keep mama happy !!!
    I don't know if they will sit perfectly flat or stick up a little on her vehicle - she is basing her concerns on what she sees in my vehicle. I have the digifit liner that is custom for my truck. It fits great and provides super protection for the carpet, it just doesn't sit perfectly flat at the edge by the door. I'd be curious to hear if this is normal or if others have flat edges. And yes, gotta keep mama happy!
    Craig

Post Thanks / Like

I have weathertech's lining my trunk area. Its just a personally thing when seeing rubber in the cockpit area. I guess it has to do with going to places like walmart/auto stores and they have nothing but cheap rubber mats.
    Hello my name is Sean

Post Thanks / Like

I came here to post Weathertech as well ... wish I bought them when my car was new, my factory driver mat is destroyed!

Mine fit very well, and flat to the floor:
    Detail Fest 2012 Face Book Page
    Club Flex 3401/PE14-2-150
    -Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if they will sit perfectly flat or stick up a little on her vehicle
    If that is the only reason for vetoing the WT's, velcro it down along the jamb. Probably only need the hook-part to tie into the vehicle carpet.

I do see the looks-concern. I do like carpet even though it takes more maintenance.
    Mike at www.GreatReflections.biz
    Vancouver, WA's convenient Mobile Detailer comes to you!

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh yes, SWMBO....= She Who Must Be Obeyed....from Rumpole of the Bailey, a wonderful London based, acerbic old barrister, referring to his "ball and chain"...otherwise, "spouse".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zkeeper View Post
    Ahhh yes, SWMBO....= She Who Must Be Obeyed....from Rumpole of the Bailey, a wonderful London based, acerbic old barrister, referring to his "ball and chain"...otherwise, "spouse".

I like to call it the 'SAF' .... Spousal Approval Factor
    Detail Fest 2012 Face Book Page
    Club Flex 3401/PE14-2-150
    -Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12