autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: my collection

Post Thanks / Like

Re: my collection

very nice collection Nitro
    Matt Ferguson
    Needed Touch Detailing
    Making the city shine, one car at a time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrGolfRider View Post
    what is wrong with my product choice?? when I said paint supply shop I was talking about ordering megs detailer line stuff, and other products that I cannot get from Wally world or Target..Just because I do not have a 50 dollar compound, polish, final polish, ultra cut polish, 300 dollar wax 500 dollar sealant does by no means I do not provide quality work. There are others on this site that would think that what I'm working with is quality.
    I did not imply that you don't do quaility work. What I'm saying is that AG has much better products than what you are showing. You might love Meg's and I'm not saying they are bad products, but in my opinion there are much better products out there. To name a few:
    Meg's Insane Shine
    " " Hot Shine
    " " Wheel Cleaner
    " " Quik Detailer
    " " Vinyl & Rubber
    " " Trim Detailer
    " " Cleaner Wax
    AG has products that will make your job much easier and look much better. So if you are here to learn, ask questions and don't be so defensive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrGolfRider View Post
    what is wrong with my product choice?? when I said paint supply shop I was talking about ordering megs detailer line stuff, and other products that I cannot get from Wally world or Target..Just because I do not have a 50 dollar compound, polish, final polish, ultra cut polish, 300 dollar wax 500 dollar sealant does by no means I do not provide quality work. There are others on this site that would think that what I'm working with is quality.
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I think you have some really good stuff along with a nice, clean setup. My stuff is all over the place in my garage!
    OTC or professional, I feel Meguiar's products are first rate and highly underrated. I suspect some folks here are giving you a hard time because they got blinded by the maroon consumer line bottles and totally missed the Mirror Glaze and Detailer's line of products you also have.

Post Thanks / Like

Mr Golfrider!
    Was not commenting about your work quality. But there are some awesome products out there,that Wally world does not carry. I know after you try some of the better products you'll see what I mean. There are alot of products that are Hyped Up that are what you would expect. As long as the customer is Happy, it's Ok!

Post Thanks / Like

nice set up, save up your gas money and use it to pay shipping and handling from AG you and ur car will be happier. im not hating just stating... i still find megs, mothers and turtle wax around the garage sometime and then they go straight to the trash, running cause their scared of my AG stuff
    Jesus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by termigator View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I think you have some really good stuff along with a nice, clean setup. My stuff is all over the place in my garage!
    OTC or professional, I feel Meguiar's products are first rate and highly underrated. I suspect some folks here are giving you a hard time because they got blinded by the maroon consumer line bottles and totally missed the Mirror Glaze and Detailer's line of products you also have.
    Aside from the Meg's 105, Duragloss 105 & 601 and ONR, I wouldn't give you 2 bucks for the rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I will take all of your constructive criticism and put it to good use.
    Matt Ferguson
    Needed Touch Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

with everyone wanting to provide their input on my lack of quality products, would you please recommend 5 or so products that I can add to my collection, either replacing items that I have or working with what I already have. Thanks!
    Matt Ferguson
    Needed Touch Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Here would be my choices:
    Sealant -WGDPS
    APC -I think your fine with the Meg's Detailers APC -good stuff and very versitile
    QD -Clearkote QS -AG does not carry it, and this probably the only time I'll go "off the reservation" and order elsewhere. I still have not found a QD I like better.
    Polish/Compound -The entire Optimum line. I rarely will go to anything else.
    Wax -There's a lot of quality waxes in AG's lineup, and I like a lot of them. If I had to choose only two, they would be SSII & Souveran

Reflective Images Automotive Detailing

Brian S. Garner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trlblazer3 View Post
    Here would be my choices:
    Sealant -WGDPS
    APC -I think your fine with the Meg's Detailers APC -good stuff and very versatile
    QD -Clearkote QS -AG does not carry it, and this probably the only time I'll go "off the reservation" and order elsewhere. I still have not found a QD I like better.
    Polish/Compound -The entire Optimum line. I rarely will go to anything else.
    Wax -There's a lot of quality waxes in AG's lineup, and I like a lot of them. If I had to choose only two, they would be SSII & Souveran

thanks...
    as for some of the stuff you recommend..
    WGDPS...I have read alot of good about the DG105 and 601 combo which I have.

QD- clearkote...what makes it such a good QD?? I have ONR at QD strength in the smaller megs red QD bottle.

I have already planned on getting into the OPT line, thanks again for another push!!

I am definitely lacking in the wax department..I personally don't see the reason to have wax if I am using a sealant, JMO. I am looking at that sampler of the Super Natural..heard you can get 3-4 cars out of it..

thank you again for your recommendations!!!
    Matt Ferguson
    Needed Touch Detailing

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast