autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Floor Mats I Don't Like

I have a 2000 Forrd 250 pickup and purchased X-treme Catch All floor mats. You have to screw them into the exisiting carpet and that doesn't work for me. Is there a better alternative for custom mats that just lay on the floor without screws.

I bought them before I knew about AG.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you're referring to something that goes up over the sides of the floor, take a look at the Weathertech's. Autogeek sells them. They have a new line of carpet liners exclusively for trucks that is custom fitted and goes over the sides to catch everything.
    http://www.autogeek.net/wefl.html

These are fairly new as I had found out when I contacted Weathertech (for my Odyssey.) If they don't offer what you need, try Husky brand floor liners.

Post Thanks / Like
    A cheap solution would be to buy some carpet clips. They have teeth that grab onto the carpet and the mat to hold them in one place. I had them in my Accord and Civic and they worked well. Any auto parts store should have them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I rather like my Weathertech rear cargo matt, and considering the floor mats based upon the build quality. Jason ordered them for me, and had it in about a week.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    I should add that I have the full set of Weathertech mats for all 3 rows of seats in my Odyssey. I also have a set of front mats for my Accord. I agree that the quality is very high. The are heavy enough that they stay in place but are also flexible enough to come clean with a very good shaking. I shake them out, hose them off, and hang them over a fence to dry (while I wash either vehicle.) If they're not drip dry by the time I'm done, I hit them with the leaf blower and they're good to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    ive seen for trucks come in with hard plastic catch all's or something that didnt have screw, they were just laying there...

as for the weathertechs, they do seem very nice but for my car it would have been well over 100 dollars plus shipping to get some. i went to walmart and got the big rubber mats and 2 rear , smaller ones, with decent fitment and pretty good quality for 25 bucks.... i had to do some trimming for my gas pedal but i dont mind, ive got 75 bucks in my pocket

Post Thanks / Like
    Floor Liners by WeatherTech are nice, they catch all the dirt and your occasional coffee spill.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelso
    ive seen for trucks come in with hard plastic catch all's or something that didnt have screw, they were just laying there...

as for the weathertechs, they do seem very nice but for my car it would have been well over 100 dollars plus shipping to get some. i went to walmart and got the big rubber mats and 2 rear , smaller ones, with decent fitment and pretty good quality for 25 bucks.... i had to do some trimming for my gas pedal but i dont mind, ive got 75 bucks in my pocket
    The Weathertech's are well worth the cost. I paid somewhere close to $150 for my Ody's mats. They are a true custom fit. Same with my set for the Accord. The local store no-name brands get hard and brittle over time from my experience and they don't cover everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do they just lay on the floor or do you have to fasten them with some type of plastic screw? Also, are the front mats on piece? (go accross the hump)

Post Thanks / Like
    They just lay on the floor...no clips are screws needed. They are quite substantial in weight. My van's mats were not one piece.

You can check out Weathertech's site for actual pics of the mats specific to your car...not allowed to post links so just do a search via google.