autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Need Your Opinion

I have a new 2007 Black Lexus....Have about 5000 miles on it...Have some paint chips on the hood and front bumber...What would you think if I were to put a Front End Mask ( Bra ) on the car?
    Darren

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to use mine religously, but I've stopped using it becuase it was such a pain in the ass to take off and put on, but If used correctly they are worth it, they may cause some slight swirling on the front, but I say swrils are easy to take out than paint strips, I mainly use mine know during love bug season or if a have to take a long trip some where. Choose a good braqnd like LeBra.

Post Thanks / Like
    I alway used them before on my Mustangs and loved it...Just wondering if putting one on a Lexus would look good...But then the car is black so it probably would blend in
    Darren

Post Thanks / Like
    I say give it a try, if it looks bad at least your protecting the paint

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe you could invest in a clear bra if you don't really want to see it. Expensive though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, but car bras too me are a waste of time. I just feel that you are protecting the front end of the car for the next person who might buy the car. It's like putting seat covers on your new car. Who is going to enjoy it? They just take away the beauty of an automobile. The cost of the bra and maybe just a little extra and you can get the chips repaired. Enjoy the beauty and lines on your car. Oh, If you get the bra wet make sure you take it off of the car to dry. If left on the car to dry it will discolor the paint underneath in time. I will get off of my soap box now. JoeD

Post Thanks / Like
    I too wore a bra at one time, now I go without .... you will be surprised at just what gets under them and between the paint. As said, you also need to remove them when wet or mold can grow. Also no matter how tight they fit, there are likely and area of two that gets some wind under it and causes it to flap or rug against the paint.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    I too wore a bra at one time, now I go without .... you will be surprised at just what gets under them and between the paint. As said, you also need to remove them when wet or mold can grow. Also no matter how tight they fit, there are likely and area of two that gets some wind under it and causes it to flap or rug against the paint.
    Killer

I thought that was you bouncing down the road.

Post Thanks / Like
    hahahahhahaha I'm wondering myself what he looked like in a bra?? I bet it was a nice lacy black one. Am I right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    I agree. I had a black bra on my Civic (sold) and currently on my Accord. The Accord is 8 years old. This past winter, after years of use and stretching, the hood cover had some slack in it and some rocks got underneath. They left some pretty nasty scratches that will require a complete repaint to remove. I managed to reduce them somewhat with DACP but it really needs a complete repaint.

People have expressed issues with rubbing causing hazing of the clearcoat. I have not had this issue. My paint seems to be the same whether it's under the nose cover or not.

I've decided that for my next car, I'm either going to just suck it up and deal with the rock chips and then get a repaint if it gets bad -or- go with a clear bra. Worse part is, on my silver Odyssey, the primer is black and every rock chip shows up really clear.

I will say this, I do like the look of a black bra on the front of the car...it's just the maintenance that's a bear. If you do decide to go with a black bra, go for the Lexus brand one. I personally think the fit of an OEM brand is so much better than any 3rd party. I've yet to see an aftermarket bra that didn't look cheap in person. That's just my opinion...I'm sure others will disagree.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast