autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Metrovac Blaster Master Revolution?

Thinking about purchasing one. My question is are you guys using this after a rinseless wash? I do mostly rinseless washes and after a numerous towel RW, was wondering how it would work to dry a car instead of a drying towel.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Metrovac Blaster Master Revolution?

If you only wash your car I think it's sort of a waste/too much money. I can see it being a good purchase for someone that does a high volume of washes. The machine is great but just too much money.

For personal use I think the Sidekick is good for the cracks and crevices but would take forever to dry the whole car. If you require more power to try and dry the whole car, I think the McKee's 37 Turbo Dryer is the way to go.
    Bruno Soares

3. Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For rinseless washing, I would say no.

I prefer to be wet with the rinseless solution when drying, that or I need a “detail spray” to help for it to be streak free.

Although it could be used last to blow things out and touch up.

Post Thanks / Like

i had a master blaster and sold it (don't miss it) and use the mckee's 37 turbo dryer. some good info (post #53 by fellow AGO member angus), check it out...

Review: McKee's 37 Turbo Car Dryer - Comparison With Master Blaster And Sidekick

6. Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From my experience with my black car and other dark cars, if you use a blower to dry leftover liquid on a panel after doing a rinseless wash the water will evaporate and whatever is left (polymers, gloss agents, dissolved solids, whatever else) will remain, and it's usually unsightly. So if you're using ONR, Wolfgang Uber, ECH2O, or even McKee's N914, you may notice spots and streaks of residue. I've heard Yvan at Optimum call it "polymer spotting" when they let ONR dry on a surface.

It isn't a big deal at all and the residue is removed easily by re-wetting the surface and then gently towel drying (if the panel isn't dirty). I've left ONR and N914 residue on the driver side glass of my car for a week and it still came off without any concern.

Also, to talk about dissolved solids for a second, have you looked at the TDS of distilled water in a bucket? It should read zero or extremely close. What happens when you put a towel in the bucket of distilled water? The TDS increases. A "spot free finish" can be achieved with distilled water, but if the TDS gets too high it won't matter as much if you started with distilled or tap water. Check the TDS of distilled water mixed with your rinseless wash, put five or six towels in the bucket and then test the TDS again. I haven't done the test in four or five months, but I seem to recall the TDS reaching around a hundred with freshly cleaned towels in the bucket.

The debris that comes off of clean towels is enough to contribute to the need to gently absorb the rinseless residue off of a panel. Different towels will contribute more or less to the TDS of the water. It's worth checking out at least to learn a bit more about what it is that you're dealing with.

Mike Phillips

Question?

Are you wiping the panels dry after the wet rinseless wipe?

I'm not sure after a rinseless wash how beneficial blowing clean filtered and heated air at 29,250 feet per minute would help because theoretically there would only be a "little" bit of water in all the cracks and crevices. For small amounts of water in the cracks, crevices and around emblems and script I'm a huge fan of the Sidekick.

But after a NORMAL water wash then I'm a HUGE fan of the Metro Master Blaster 8hp Revolution as it blasts the water off the car and out of all the nooks and crannies like nothing else on the market.

We did educational segment on My Classic Car with Dennis Gage for Metro-Vac, not sure if it's aired yet or not?

If you wash your own car on a regular basis or if you wash cars as a part of your car detailing business, it's a great tool.

Metro Master Blaster

Everyone should have one of these in the garage.... just too useful for all types of detailing tasks...

Metro Blaster SideKick

Post Thanks / Like

I had one and sold it. It was more hassle than it's worth.

10. Likes VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You need to use a drying towel to remove residual cleaning solution after rinseless washes.

If you're primarily doing rinseless washes, pick up a master blaster sidekick to blow any remaining water out of cracks and crevices. It is a perfect tool for that... the full on Master Blaster is overkill unless you are drying the entire vehcle.

Retired Professional Detailer