autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Little by little it's coming together...

So I'm guilty of having a garage full of stuff but I think the organization of it all is coming together. The OCD in me wants to hide as much stuff as I can though so while I have two sections of shelving, each 48" x 48" with two shelves each. The trick is how to hide them and the toats that hold various items. Well, I was at our kids school and noticed they have a beautiful flag in the gymnasium along with several other flags and such on the walls. Bingo!

Well two of mine are in place and doing the job well I think. I have several banners from AG coming soon too and a third really nice black and red Audi-flag in route too. That one will hide the misc. stuff on the bottom of my work bench.

Pano photo from cell phone makes the cabinets look crooked but they are not

I can't wait until the both the weather breaks and our remodel inside is done so I can begin painting and laying flooring in the getting things really looking good. So far here's what's been done and what's left on my list.

• Organizing stuff - nearly done
    • 28yr old heater replaced - done!
    • Remote Thermostat installed - done!
    • Ceiling finished with knock-down stipple brush technique - done!
    • Lighting installed - done!
    • Banners & Posters - Out for delivery to me this week
    • Ceiling painted - not yet - spring time
    • Race Deck Free Flow purchased - done! - Install in spring
    • Backyard Shed - materials purchased - build-out in spring
    • Wall Paint - Decided on color - light gray -spring

Once I can get the garden tools out and into the shed area I can get this space looking far less cluttered. Little by little it's coming together.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Little by little it's coming together...

Nice, I like it. I just wish my garage at home was as tidy. Can't wait to see this when you have your floor down too. Good job.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great, nothing more satisfying to me then a clean work space.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    So I'm guilty of having a garage full of stuff but I think the organization of it all is coming together. The OCD in me wants to hide as much stuff as I can though so while I have two sections of shelving, each 48" x 48" with two shelves each. The trick is how to hide them and the toats that hold various items. Well, I was at our kids school and noticed they have a beautiful flag in the gymnasium along with several other flags and such on the walls. Bingo!

Well two of mine are in place and doing the job well I think. I have several banners from AG coming soon too and a third really nice black and red Audi-flag in route too. That one will hide the misc. stuff on the bottom of my work bench.

Pano photo from cell phone makes the cabinets look crooked but they are not

I can't wait until the both the weather breaks and our remodel inside is done so I can begin painting and laying flooring in the getting things really looking good. So far here's what's been done and what's left on my list.

• Organizing stuff - nearly done
    • 28yr old heater replaced - done!
    • Remote Thermostat installed - done!
    • Ceiling finished with knock-down stipple brush technique - done!
    • Lighting installed - done!
    • Banners & Posters - Out for delivery to me this week
    • Ceiling painted - not yet - spring time
    • Race Deck Free Flow purchased - done! - Install in spring
    • Backyard Shed - materials purchased - build-out in spring
    • Wall Paint - Decided on color - light gray -spring

Once I can get the garden tools out and into the shed area I can get this space looking far less cluttered. Little by little it's coming together.
    I remember a forum member who installed the race deck floor and was ice skating.I think he had to sand the floor to gain traction.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    I remember a forum member who installed the race deck floor and was ice skating.I think he had to sand the floor to gain traction.
    I'm going with their Free-Flow design so that shouldn't be a problem. Actually the brand is SwissTrax not RaceDeck. I only reference the latter as it's sold here and people know the name more. Their product is much thicker and heavier which is why I chose it. The surface isn't slick, it's more of a satin finish. They sent me a box of all their flooring samples which really helped when deciding.

2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice! My garage isn't so well put together but it does the job. And talk about slippery floors? I have tile down in mine!!!!!! I always have on sneakers when detailing
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great man! I am over the top organized with my Garage. I am not relaxed if it is out of place. Everything has its place. I too have been kicking around race deck free flow flooring but don't want to have to pull it out to clean underneath. Great work!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy1976 View Post
    Looks great man! I am over the top organized with my Garage. I am not relaxed if it is out of place. Everything has its place. I too have been kicking around race deck free flow flooring but don't want to have to pull it out to clean underneath. Great work!
    Swisstrax is thicker and taller thus a little easier to clean out. It does vacuum up very well as I've tried it with the samples. You can actually drag the set up out the garage door and drag it back in if needed say after a really sloppy winter. If it's too big to fit like mine will be, you just need to disconnect one row in the center and drag out each half. Pretty cool. Vids on YouTube help show this. I'll know more first-hand once it's installed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    Swisstrax is thicker and taller thus a little easier to clean out. It does vacuum up very well as I've tried it with the samples. You can actually drag the set up out the garage door and drag it back in if needed say after a really sloppy winter. If it's too big to fit like mine will be, you just need to disconnect one row in the center and drag out each half. Pretty cool. Vids on YouTube help show this. I'll know more first-hand once it's installed
    I look forward to seeing your finished garage! It will look great!

Post Thanks / Like

Added some color in the form of AG Banners.

Cell Phone Pics:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast