autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fresh Paint

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Fresh Paint

Mike,
    I am so glad I found this website; I have already ordered a new flex DA from auto geek.

I am the sanding and buffing guy at our body shop and wanted to know what you would suggest for application after buffing and polishing. I have used 3M hand glaze or wizards shine master in the past, after finishing the buffing process. I didn't know if there was a new type of technologically advanced, “breathable" product(s) I could apply before the 60-90 day curing of the paint to give my customers vehicles a bit of protection before being able to wax.
    Thanks,
    Gene.
    (I buff with Menzerna FG-400 and SF-4500)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fresh Paint

Hello... can't really help in your quest, but would like to know what you think about Shine Master... ? Thanks for your info.

Post Thanks / Like

Had my car painted several years ago, and the painter used Wizards Shine Master to finish polishing out. When I went to pick it up he was working on it, and told me how much he liked it. Gave me some to take home with me.

I am not a pro, but I like it as a light polish, and as an amature, have not had any problems working with it.

I remember it does fill some and provided pretty good protection IMO. Want to say I at least three months. Have used it to finish polish headlights with it. Still have a little left. Used it in the late fall after clay on the same car and did alright.

Has been nasty this winter and I have driven through a lot of salt. Car was real bad after the last storm and just diving around in all the water on the road has rinsed it suprizeingly clean. Definitely needs a good wash though.

On another looking clean note. My Opti-Lens coated headlights seem to clean themselves.

Note: I think Shine Master is a "type of technologically advanced, “breathable" product(s) I could apply before the 60-90 day curing of the paint to give my customers vehicles a bit of protection before being able to wax." Or very similar according to their claims.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Shine Master works great (as well as all Wizards products I have used in the past) and is very user friendly, although I have never used it with a machine, just hand application after compounding/polishing. Maybe I was hoping somebody has used or knew of another choice for the final step for fresh paint (maybe something in a spray form, lol).

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by RNbuffer View Post

Mike,
    I am so glad I found this website; I have already ordered a new flex DA from auto geek.

I am the sanding and buffing guy at our body shop and wanted to know what you would suggest for application after buffing and polishing.

I didn't know if there was a new type of technologically advanced, “breathable" product(s) I could apply before the 60-90 day curing of the paint to give my customers vehicles a bit of protection before being able to wax.

Thanks,
    Gene.

Hi Gene,

You're in luck. Meguiar's recently introduced the perfect product for you needs.

On Autogeek

Ultra Finishing Durable Glaze

Body shop safe glaze with wax protection? Only from Meguiars!

Meguiars 305 Ultra Finishing Durable Glaze is the first step in creating a brilliant, high gloss shine after wet-sanding, cutting, and buffing a new paint job. Formulated using a complex blend of oils, super fine abrasives and durable wax protection, Meguiars 305 Ultra Finishing Durable Glaze increases gloss and adds protection to fresh paint jobs. Meguiars 305 Ultra Finishing Durable Glaze is breathable and paintable, and its silicone-free formula makes it body-shop safe.

Body shops typically use a glaze after compounding and polishing a new paint job to really make the paint POP, so when the customer picks up the vehicle, they’re blown away by their investment to get their vehicle repainted (or repaired). The only issue with a glaze is they don’t offer any wax protection, until now!

Meguiars M305 Ultra Finishing Durable Glaze is the only body-shop safe glaze formulated with real wax protection. This means your freshly painted car will not only leave the body shop looking great, but it will be protected as well!

Meguiars M305 Ultra Finishing Durable Glaze is breathable and paintable, and its silicone-free formula makes it body-shop safe. Use Meguiars M305 Ultra Finishing Durable Glaze by hand or machine.

Meguiars M305 Ultra Finishing Durable Glaze offers light paint correction when used with a polishing pad on a dual action or rotary polisher. Use Meguiars M305 Ultra Finishing Durable Glaze to remove light holograms and shallow swirl marks on a freshly painted vehicle.

You can also use Meguiars M305 Ultra Finishing Durable Glaze on cured finishes (think new car that you just purchased) to enhance gloss before you apply a dedicated wax or sealant.

There you go buddy!

Post Thanks / Like

There ya go, RNBuffer. Looks perfect for what you asked for. Now, get or use a ROB, a nice super soft finishing pad and apply that stuff in 1/4 the time you were spending by hand!

And thanks Mike. I saw this when it first came out not too long ago and being a 105/205 user, it piqued my interest. This was a good reminder and explained for an application right in it's "wheelhouse"!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RNbuffer View Post
    Maybe I was hoping somebody has used or knew of another choice for the final step for fresh paint (maybe something in a spray form, lol).
    Oh, I see. You want to know if there are any spray sealants that are breathable that can be used in this "window".

Post Thanks / Like

Optimum have said their OCW can be used on fresh paint plus it also works very well on fully cured paint and is very easy to use. Spray-wipe-done. Lower risk of damage as very little pressure or effort is used. The older Imperial Hand Glaze is still a good product although the new Meguiars glaze looks interesting

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike, we have a 69 442 that should be painted in the next week or two and this Meguiars 305 will be perfect to break in my brand new Flex XC 3401.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    Oh, I see. You want to know if there are any spray sealants that are breathable that can be used in this "window".
    If there was an awesome product that I could spray on and wipe off that was breathable, I would sure give it a try...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast