autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Wash > Clay > Ultimat Ultimate Compond > Ultimate Polish > Ultimate wax?

I have a black colored car. I used UC sometime back and it did a great job. My car does not look hazy, swirls are "almost" gone. Only washing the car with Eagle One Car Shampoo gives it a deep look.

But, now I Want to proceed and protect the paint. I want to know, if I follow the above said process, would be that fine? I mean selection of products is correct?

1. Wash Car with Eagle One Car Shampoo
    2. Detailing Clay
    3. UC
    4. UP
    5. Ultimate Paste Wax.

Also, since I work in construction business, my car tends to go into muddy areas and tend to get dirty. I am bound to wash the car once in a week. I want to know if the Eagle One Enviro will strip the wax or not?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wash > Clay > Ultimat Ultimate Compond > Ultimate Polish > Ultimate wax?

I don't know anything about the Eagle One products, but I'd advise you try a test spot with the UP first before going to the UC. You may not need it. No reason to compound your truck when you don't have to.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I also love the Meg's Ultimate Line. If you do not need to do major paint correction, I do not see a reason to compound again.... just polish and wax/seal.

I haven't used the paste wax, but I've used the liquid, and liked it. I wouldn't think that any car WASH products would strip the wax off a car. That wouldn't make any sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good process to me. Haven't had experience with the Eagle One soap, but I enjoy Meg's UC, UP, and UPW. Their Ultimate Paste is such an easy wax to apply and remove, goes on nice and smooth and looks great. I agree that you might not need to use Ultimate Polish before application.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

for the type of vehicle you described, yes, use that combo and you will get good enough results.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with Desertnate. You may not need the polishing step. Do the UC if you really need it (try the UP first and see if it gets you the results you are after). If you need the UC to get results, do that then LSP. From there on, you should only need UP (if you take proper care of the paint going forward). You may have spot correct a couple spots here and there with UC, especially if it's a daily driver.
    2016 Accord EXL V6 w/Navi & Sensing - Black/Ivory
    2019 Acura RDX A-Spec - Black/Red; 2019 Acura TLX Base 2.4L - MSM/Black
    2008 CRV EX - Black/Black 2003 Accord EX V6 - Black/Tan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I don't know anything about the Eagle One products, but I'd advise you try a test spot with the UP first before going to the UC. You may not need it. No reason to compound your truck when you don't have to.
    ^^^This - you may not need to UC again if you did like a year or so back.

Also, if you work in a dirty/muddy area--I recommend taking a look at a LSP that sheds that stuff very easily. Sonax PNS is amazing at doing so.
    2011 Toyota Camry SE - Magnetic Gray Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

I could not find Ultimate Wax here locally. So bought Quick Spray wax instead. Is it equally good?

Post Thanks / Like

SArao - The Ultimate Wax is a Wax/Sealant, whereas the spray wax is more of a "maintenance" wax i believe... something you can use to enhance gloss between sealing/waxings.

Is the spray wax that you bought the Ultimate Quick Wax? I love that stuff! Smells great, easy on/off, and it fills in some minor surface imperfections. It will give you protection as well, but I dont believe it will last as long as Ultimate Wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Well just for my emergency on the road kit (EMOTR) I like to have either the spray cleaner wax waterless wash product stuff, or Meg's Ultimate Waterless wash and wax, and just go to town, have a couple MF towels and have at er, its awesome stuff and smells wicked yummy lol.
    Detailin Jesus' Ride!