autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Smaller Pump Sprayers

Looking for a smaller pump sprayer, such as an IK multi Pro 2 just for rinsing wheels and tires after scrubbing with wheel and tire cleaner when not using a hose. Also of course to rinse off same prior to applying the wheel and tire cleaners. Not looking for a foamer.

The obvious choices are the IK or the Marolex. I am under the assumption that the Marolex produces better pressure than the IK. That being said is the IK sufficient for this task? Or is there something else that is better suited for this task. Again only want something when doing rinse less washes and don’t want to drag out the hose for just wheels and tires.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Smaller Pump Sprayers

If you only want to rinse tires/wheels with plain water I would go with an inexpensive 2 gallon yard sprayer as it can hold way more liquid than an IK 2 and it would cost a third what the IK would

I doubt an IK 2 would pre-rinse and then post-rinse a set of tires without a refill or two and you would be pumping it up multiple times

YMMV

Post Thanks / Like

Yah you are right. Wouldn’t mind the pumping but having to refill would definitely be a pain.

4. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    If you only want to rinse tires/wheels with plain water I would go with an inexpensive 2 gallon yard sprayer as it can hold way more liquid than an IK 2 and it would cost a third what the IK would

I doubt an IK 2 would pre-rinse and then post-rinse a set of tires without a refill or two and you would be pumping it up multiple times

YMMV
    I completely agree. I have a 1-gallon Chapin garden sprayer that I bought at Home Depot for $20. I use it for exactly that same purpose of rinsing off wheels and tires when I don't have access to a hose. It works great and holds a lot more water than my smaller iK sprayer. You definitely want enough liquid in the sprayer to spray all 4 wheels. It would be really inconvenient to have to refill the iK sprayer in the middle of the job.

6. Likes chilly, Karl_in_Chicago liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joebruin77 View Post
    I completely agree. I have a 1-gallon Chapin garden sprayer that I bought at Home Depot for $20. I use it for exactly that same purpose of rinsing off wheels and tires when I don't have access to a hose. It works great and holds a lot more water than my smaller iK sprayer. You definitely want enough liquid in the sprayer to spray all 4 wheels. It would be really inconvenient to have to refill the iK sprayer in the middle of the job.
    I use that same sprayer for RW pre rinse

Simple and cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes joebruin77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    I use that same sprayer for RW pre rinse

Simple and cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have the same sprayer as well. I bought it for doing Rinseless washes. One gallon is enough for a pre-rinse with plenty of solution left for rinsing off tires and wheels.

10. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just bought an IK multi 2 pro which is 50oz for $38 after tax (free shipping). Seems like a fair enough deal for one of the best pump sprayers around. I had, previously, bought a $15 harrison garden (typical type of sprayer) one and it just wasn't very good. I doubt anything under $30 or so is going to be quality or have a great spray pattern etc.