autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Buffing off Sonax PNS using a water based detailer

If you've ever applied PNS (especially in the summer in FL) you know what a PITA it is to buff off, so I'm wondering if anyone has tried buffing it off using a water-based detailer like IGL enhancer? (apply PNS, spray a light mist of a detailer on top and buff off)

My understanding is that it makes the process a lot easier and since the detailer is non-solvent based it will not strip away PNS in the process.

I have two full spray cans of PNS (bought as BOGO's) which I haven't used because buffing off the product is a hassle. But I do love the great gloss and longevity of the product.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Buffing off Sonax PNS using a water based detailer

I dunno why people seem to have issues with removing PNS like this. Maybe your leaving it on to long? It does say not to let it dry on paint.

I've never had any issue buffing it off. I've been using microfiber pads to apply it to about a 16x16" to 20x20" area, and wipe it off about 10 seconds or less after applying. I buff it a bit with the microfiber cloth I use to remove it (Detailing Popo 350gsm edgeless.) Only times I have any troubles is putting it on windows, it will streak a bit at times and I need to go over it multiple times with a microfiber to get rid of the shimmer.
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like

personally, i don't like to add anything to remove any LSP. it could affect the curing process and durability..
    i am the jump starter.

4. Likes DanaDetailingPros, Icarus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's paint dependent, there is some paint that Net Shield buffs off easily and others I've put it on were an absolute nightmare applying it by the book. A damp/wet microfiber towel will help in those instances, Net Shield doesn't mind getting wet shortly after applying it. Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer would be the only spray I'd use on top of it, if you start throwing other stuff on top of Net Shield that doesn't match its hydrophobic behavior, it will likely reduce that performance.

6. Thanks luckypaco thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, abileneautoworx liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    It's paint dependent, there is some paint that Net Shield buffs off easily and others I've put it on were an absolute nightmare applying it by the book. A damp/wet microfiber towel will help in those instances, Net Shield doesn't mind getting wet shortly after applying it. Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer would be the only spray I'd use on top of it, if you start throwing other stuff on top of Net Shield that doesn't match its hydrophobic behavior, it will likely reduce that performance.
    Loach, Thank You! Love your channel, wishing you the best!

8. Thanks Loach thanked for this post