autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you a detailing purger or a hoarder

I don't keep ## I don't use, whether it be in daily rotation or just bi-annualy rotation.

So the only thing that I have in the -hoarding box- that I don't even touch annually is my box of applicators...
    Really like the AutoFiber apps these days, so today, this bin will get purged.
    2 Boxes of Meguiars HPC arrived today. The 2 sponges and the 4 towels will also go into the same purge bin and get donated/recycled.

So what camp are you in

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are you a detailing purger or a hoarder

I'm a minimalist so I don't like keeping junk I don't use. I donate it to Goodwill most often.

The only detailing products in my arsenal are Reset, Descale, Ech20, Wet Coat, BH Touchless.

3. Likes chefwong, jcdata liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm both....but a hoarder to a much lesser degree than I used to be. It does, however, take a while for me to purge items. I'm getting ready to do so, though. I have way too many AIOs on the shelf.

Post Thanks / Like

It's taken me 10 years to use up products that overlap each other. Everything I need (chemical wise) to detail a car will fit in one 3 gallon bucket.
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

I have very little in the way of duplication and don't horde anything. I keep myself to a very contained space to store my detailing stuff. If I'm running out of room, old stuff or stuff I don't need anymore gets tossed. If I want something new, but still have plenty of a duplicate type product on hand, I'll just keep using the old stuff until it runs out.

My problem is when I'm almost out of something and I'll order something to replace it. The old product isn't enough to do a whole job, so I'll use the new stuff because it's new and different. The old bottles get pushed to the back of my shelf where it ends up being forgotten for long periods of time.

Pads and towels get used until they are worn out...some past that point, so there isn't a value in giving them away.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Hoarder! Especially microfiber.

Post Thanks / Like

Just don't hoard pads. I just came across a pad I think I might have used or not *it was still in the bag, although a tear*. It had dry rotted.
    Do -clean new pads- dry rot or just ones previously used.

The only other time I came across a pad dry rot, was a unused LC CCS Applicator Pad

Post Thanks / Like

I guess by definition I'm a "hoarder".

But there are very few products I do not use on my vehicles.

I like to keep a few kinds of car soaps on hand, and I have 3-4 brands of rinseless washes and two brands of clay plus two kinds of synthetic clay. I also have on hand OCW (spray) DG AquaWax,
    Meg's W/W and Wax, Griot's 3-in-1, and P&S Dream-Maker to name most of them. I'm a Collinite fan, so I keep 476S and 845 on hand at all times, and little else.

I have pretty much settled on Griot's BOSS creams as my go-to polishes, but I do have and use 3D ONE, and will always keep 3D Speed on hand. (I absolutely LOVE Speed.)

The "duds" that I bought during my "going down the rabbit hole" days are saved to use on my lawn equipment. Among those are P&S Bead-Maker (not bad, but not great) and Collinite 520 QD (awful).

I guess you can say I am pad hoarder. I think I probably have upward of 45-50 pads.

Oh, and 5 polishers.

So yeah, I have problems. But I'm trying to get better................
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

10. Thanks noorth thanked for this post
    Likes Silly Rabbit, DFB, opie liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I really try to use up my products. Like using crappy soap on wheels or loading up the foam cannon with 250ml of soap, I like to at least have some fun with it.

But i have thrown away a few items just recently that were some of my very first products. 2 Chemicals guys polishes was included. I never had the heart to throw out 3D one, YET lol Less than half of the 16oz bottle left however. But you can do a lot with 8oz of polish of course.

It works its just so fussy for my style anyhow.

12. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I guess by definition I'm a "hoarder".

But there are very few products I do not use on my vehicles.

I like to keep a few kinds of car soaps on hand, and I have 3-4 brands of rinseless washes and two brands of clay plus two kinds of synthetic clay. I also have on hand OCW (spray) DG AquaWax,
    Meg's W/W and Wax, Griot's 3-in-1, and P&S Dream-Maker to name most of them. I'm a Collinite fan, so I keep 476S and 845 on hand at all times, and little else.

I have pretty much settled on Griot's BOSS creams as my go-to polishes, but I do have and use 3D ONE, and will always keep 3D Speed on hand. (I absolutely LOVE Speed.)

The "duds" that I bought during my "going down the rabbit hole" days are saved to use on my lawn equipment. Among those are P&S Bead-Maker (not bad, but not great) and Collinite 520 QD (awful).

I guess you can say I am pad hoarder. I think I probably have upward of 45-50 pads.

Oh, and 5 polishers.

So yeah, I have problems. But I'm trying to get better................
    For me this is an interest, a hobby, not my work. So much like anyone in a hobby, part of the fun or enjoyment is researching, buying/ordering stuff, waiting to get it, using a new toy.
    So I am similar to you, I probably have too much. Lol. But I also don't own golf clubs, a snowmobile (anymore), fishing/boating, etc. So I still don't have $$$ amounts near some of those other hobbies or interests. I think we're good

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast